PDA

View Full Version : Bug Report: Custom brush on layer set to replace bump

Daniel Aubert
08-21-2017, 12:08 PM
Hey guys!

Been some time since I wanted to report this bug, but I ended forgetting... Until it just happened again.

When you are using a layer set to replace on Bump Blend Mode you can't use the custom brush. If you do, AR will crash. This happens always you do that. You can try to reproduce it. It probably has some relation with the fact that custom brushes don't use bump data.

Just reporting!

Cheers!

HannahRage
08-21-2017, 06:29 PM
That's very interesting, thank you! I'm only seeing it with certain presets, it looks like it only happens if 'pick up color' is turned off - turn it on whenever you want to use a preset for now, and you should be able to avoid the crashes while we fix it.

Daniel Aubert
08-22-2017, 01:53 AM
That's very interesting, thank you! I'm only seeing it with certain presets, it looks like it only happens if 'pick up color' is turned off - turn it on whenever you want to use a preset for now, and you should be able to avoid the crashes while we fix it.

Thanks Hanna! Yeah that is true! I haven't noticed it before.

Actually, it is amazing what you can do with the custom brush changing the bump from the layer below :O Didn't even know that was possible.

Thanks!

nekomata
09-06-2017, 11:13 PM
same issue with airbrush tool when painting on a layer with specified bump blend mode — does not happen with artrage 4.5 under same circumstances.

HannahRage
09-07-2017, 11:38 AM
We also found it with the Ink Pen and Cloner too. Everything other than those four tools appears to be fine *crosses fingers* ;)