PDA

View Full Version : mixing oil and watercolor (kitten)

a_dt
08-18-2017, 11:06 AM
I open this thread with an image (not quite finished:o) where I used oil and a little watercolor to make the oilpaint look "blurry" in places. Now. in physical paint, much thinners in oil would have made the job but in AR the paint does not "run" even with much thinners... so I use watercolor, they mix in AR but not in "physical paint" :D 93611

a_dt
08-21-2017, 06:00 AM
wish it was possible to delete threads ;) but as it isnt (right?) I rather post a better version of the pic, I do not know if its a final one but wont post further. 93625

D Akey
08-21-2017, 11:24 AM
I love the expression on the little rag-a-muffin.

Saphire
08-21-2017, 07:57 PM
I love it, the expression is brilliant you have captured it well.

DemieLune
08-22-2017, 06:01 AM
Cute painting! ^_^
Now that I think about it, if you're looking for a blurry effect, did you try the palette knife?
I'm pretty new to ArtRage and didn't tried it yet, but I was watching a tutorial the other day and he was using palette knife to blur / smooth / fade his colors.
Maybe make a test (like, open your file, save-as, change name like "kitty-test", and try it (and if it's not working the way you'd like, delete "kitty-test"; if it works, rename "kitty version 2") ;) :P

Let me find the tutorial for you, maybe it might help ;)
Here, I got it right when he'll start to play with palette knife (he's on "watercolor" tutorial (he didn't use it that much when he covered "oil paint"), but I think you can use the knife in about all medium in AR)

https://youtu.be/5diHMMoSS_Q?t=660