PDA

View Full Version : Program crashing on ipad

Saphire
08-18-2017, 07:24 AM
I am have a problem with the ink pen on the ipad The program crashes as soon as I press the settings tab to change size and taper, all other tools there is no problem.I have rebooted after the latest update but its still doing it

MattRage
08-18-2017, 08:58 AM
Sorry to hear about the problem. I'm not seeing it here currently and I don't see a crash in Apple's logging system that I think relates to this so I think we will need some more details. First up, could you make sure that as well as rebooting you have shut the app down completely? If there's some kind of state issue causing the problem then just rebooting may not solve it. Double tap the home button on your iPad and swipe the app off the top of the screen to shut it down, then reboot.

If the problem still occurs please drop us an email at [email protected] to let us know and also let us know what model iPad and what version of iOS you are using and we should be able to get it sorted for you!

Saphire
08-18-2017, 09:22 AM
Thank you matt I I will start a new image do a bit with other tools and send a copy when it crashes

Saphire
08-18-2017, 09:48 AM
93610Matt I have just sent you a small script just before it crashed with tye ink pen not the felt tip

copespeak
08-18-2017, 12:19 PM
Yes, it has crashed in the same circumstances using Ink Pen settings for me ... three times!

copespeak
08-18-2017, 12:21 PM
I went through all the tools and then went back to Ink Pen, and it's working OK now.

Saphire
08-18-2017, 10:19 PM
I have tried all sorts the pen is totally unusable, and that is the tool I use the most. I did think of deleting artrage and downloading again but I have no means at the moment to back up the files.

copespeak
08-18-2017, 10:37 PM
You can get a memory stick that goes into your ipad.

When it wasn't working, I just continued looking through the other tools, to see if there was anything different. When I went back it was ok. I'll try it again now....

Saphire
08-19-2017, 01:14 AM
Thank you copespeak, I didnt know there was a memory stick available I will look.

Saphire
08-19-2017, 05:19 AM
Bought a memory stick but it only copies from camera roll, it won't copy direct from Artrage and the ptg files, if I lose those I can't carry on with my work so stuck at moment.

copespeak
08-19-2017, 08:18 AM
You need the gurus to come in here. Mess with the other tools, then go back to the pen. Mine resolved.

Edit: you can store your files in dropbox, etc, or email them to yourself. Just go to export image.

Saphire
08-19-2017, 09:18 AM
Copespeak, I tried emailing them to myself but they are to big google won't allow them through

copespeak
08-19-2017, 09:39 AM
Open a free Dropbox account and send them there.

Saphire
08-19-2017, 09:46 AM
I had no room in dropbox, its to late now anyway I deleted the artrage and reloaded I have lost them all with no backups. Now the pen is working

copespeak
08-19-2017, 05:02 PM
Ouch! Did you export each image beforehand so you've got a record?

Saphire
08-19-2017, 07:29 PM
Sort of, I have the jpgs of the Wren and the Fox but not the three I was working on, its my own fault I thought it might keep the gallery so just went ahead and deleted it and downloaded it again from the cloud gallery is empty.

Saphire
08-21-2017, 12:15 AM
The ink pen is working fine since I deleted the program and downloaded again, sorry I was impatient its my own fault I lost everything in gallery. There was no way I could back up the ptg files they were to large, they wouldnt send by email and my dropbox was full. I will just have to wait and see if they are in a hidden folder on my ipad when I eventualy get to a computer and itunes.

MattRage
08-21-2017, 04:23 PM
I think we have a fix for this, I've sent a note via email. I believe the problem related to blend modes in the tool. If you find it happens again, open the Tool Picker, tap and hold on the ink pen (or the tool that makes the settings panel crash) and select a basic preset with a normal blend mode. That should solve the problem. A fix should be available in the next few days.

Saphire
08-21-2017, 07:52 PM
Thank you Matt, I will stay away from blend modes until its updated.

Saphire
08-22-2017, 05:23 AM
I think I better stop using the program until the update its back to crashing