PDA

View Full Version : Soul Lights

gxhpainter
08-09-2017, 01:34 AM
ok I am totally in love the drop shadows for layers to add that little extra bit of depth.. hope you enjoy this exploration.

Catmandolin
08-09-2017, 01:51 AM
our styles are so totally on opposite poles and I really cannot get enough of this type of work, Gary. I am a very linear artist and I function that way--I like color, light, texture and so on but you strip yourself down naked and plunge yourself into it like it's giant multi colored, multi textured tub of Mr. Bubble.

You live for the exploring.

That is an artist. I do hope you don't cook like this!

Your art is a giant happy face--we should all be this happy. Smile on, my friend.

gxhpainter
08-09-2017, 05:43 AM
our styles are so totally on opposite poles and I really cannot get enough of this type of work, Gary. I am a very linear artist and I function that way--I like color, light, texture and so on but you strip yourself down naked and plunge yourself into it like it's giant multi colored, multi textured tub of Mr. Bubble.

You live for the exploring.

That is an artist. I do hope you don't cook like this!

Your art is a giant happy face--we should all be this happy. Smile on, my friend. Thanks so much for the understanding comment Jayd. The work you see now is the result of a very very long and slow process, I have been painting for almost 60 years and atleast 20 have been digital the last 10 or so totally digital. So I spent countless hours learning Photoshop and ArtRage ( and Corel Painter for a number of years ) my style evolved from being a pure landscape watercolorist, to oils and acrylics and my work became more stylized and abstract until I got to the point I am now but even now I see evolution of shape, form , color but I have developed my bag of mark making tricks over the years so the artist hand is always still evident. I really admire your work but felt a strong draw into the symbolic and abstract to strip down to the core as it were.

I love to cook and follow the directions very closely so I don't cook like I paint LOL. I was a computer programmer for 40 years so I know about linear and focused thinking but since my retirement a couple of years ago the pent up spirit of Miro, Matisse, Albert Irving, Alan Davie have been give free rein. I am pleased with your comment and feel like I have made a great new friend in you.