PDA

View Full Version : Rooster Cogburn

Catmandolin
08-08-2017, 05:49 PM
Jeff Daniels as Rooster Cogburn

D Akey
08-08-2017, 07:35 PM
Never saw it with Daniels. It's a good dynamic pose. Wasn't this a John Wayne part in True Grit? Anyway, fun genre. Looks like Jeff Daniels is riding the wide open range of parts. This is one I wouldn't have probably cast him in since he seems comparatively soft and modern life looking. But he's more than pleasantly surprised me before with making me suspend my disbelief. He's good.

Catmandolin
08-08-2017, 09:16 PM
well, like many others, I am a die hard John Wayne fan and there was a remake of True Grit---and I am sorry but there is NO ONE more up tight and able to irritate Rooster (John Wayne) more then Kim Darby. Those two had some seriously weird chemistry together.

Daniels did a nice job but he is no Duke like Will Smith is no Robert Conrad (Wild Wild West) but like the Heart song "Dog and Butterfly says "he just had to try...he just had to try....".

Saphire
08-08-2017, 10:19 PM
A fantastic pose Jayd, love the fluidity of the paint it gives the impression of movement. John Wayne was a classic no-one can replace him.

gxhpainter
08-09-2017, 02:20 AM
wow what a beautiful painting, dynamic and rich in details I agree with Saphire totally...