PDA

View Full Version : Breath of Light

gxhpainter
08-07-2017, 07:01 AM
a more restrained use of large forms to create the movement and sense of space and light.

D Akey
08-08-2017, 04:20 AM
Still got that fabric thing happening I think. Has a feel of bold plaid ala Boomtown Rats era. Like a bit Pop without the symmetry that was so key in some of those works back then. But the colors are bright and mostly flat shapes (even in the texture looking bits) with a few gradients. Personally I'm less of a jarring hard edge kind of guy, but this has precedent.

Go man go.

gxhpainter
08-08-2017, 11:23 AM
Still got that fabric thing happening I think. Has a feel of bold plaid ala Boomtown Rats era. Like a bit Pop without the symmetry that was so key in some of those works back then. But the colors are bright and mostly flat shapes (even in the texture looking bits) with a few gradients. Personally I'm less of a jarring hard edge kind of guy, but this has precedent.

Go man go. thanks D Akey I know you are not partial to hard edge flat colors, but I seem to really be drawn to them, and had several very positive comments on this , people liked the large areas of "quiet color" as they say "season to taste..."

Catmandolin
08-08-2017, 04:51 PM
Gary, I have been lurking and watching your work for some time and I have to say I am astounded at how you are able to make something that looks like something I want to touch in a museum only to have my wrist slapped by my mother in law who then says "Jay, we do not touch the art in the Museum".

I want to reach out and touch this but I know you did this in Artrage and it is digital and it simply astounds me.

gxhpainter
08-09-2017, 02:14 AM
Gary, I have been lurking and watching your work for some time and I have to say I am astounded at how you are able to make something that looks like something I want to touch in a museum only to have my wrist slapped by my mother in law who then says "Jay, we do not touch the art in the Museum".

I want to reach out and touch this but I know you did this in Artrage and it is digital and it simply astounds me.Well hello JayD very nice to meet you and I am allway pleased to have someone come out. your comment in funny and yet a
serious complement and I love it and the fact that my work speaks to you so strongly. thank you very much.!!:)