PDA

View Full Version : Room With a View

gxhpainter
07-27-2017, 11:02 AM
very abstract and non literal room, a bit after Van Gogh's famous work... did mess a bit to get a thick paint look in parts.

Nacroma
07-27-2017, 10:58 PM
this is indeed a very abstract painting and I highly appreciate how unique this is in terms of style. Even though it's not quite my personal taste when it comes to paintings, but I like what you did with it.

gxhpainter
07-30-2017, 04:00 AM
this is indeed a very abstract painting and I highly appreciate how unique this is in terms of style. Even though it's not quite my personal taste when it comes to paintings, but I like what you did with it. Thanks Nacroma for leaving a comment on this. I appreciate that this is well beyond what a lot of people understand so having your comment is very welcome.:):):):):)

sabena
07-31-2017, 10:17 PM
hello GXpainter another fantastic painting:cool:

Zumerzet
08-01-2017, 09:33 PM
So how do you understand it if it's beyond mere mortals like me.....Lot this sort stuff makes awful lot money....

gxhpainter
08-02-2017, 03:44 AM
hello GXpainter another fantastic painting:cool: thanks Ana great to hear from you loved your Dolls post

So how do you understand it if it's beyond mere mortals like me.....Lot this sort stuff makes awful lot money.... Zumerzet, sorry if my post sounded arrogant, I did not mean it to be for sure!. I just meant that abstract painting is confusing to a lot of people. But it is not beyond anyone who takes some time to understand it.

D Akey
08-06-2017, 04:10 AM
Intriguing. Watching your directions with interest.

gxhpainter
08-06-2017, 08:10 AM
Intriguing. Watching your directions with interest. Ah soooo good to hear from you D Akey!.... I have really been exploring new directions this was particularly exhuberant and got a lot of
comments and likes on instagram. Hope your surviing the heat and smoke, it is miserable here in central oregon, tons of smoke and temps hanging out around 100!... ugh!... hiding out in my house and doing lots of art.
miss your commentaries a ton!

D Akey
08-08-2017, 04:33 AM
Looking back at this again, it's like what Matisse were to do if he ever visited the Navajo and did a sweat lodge.

gxhpainter
08-08-2017, 11:17 AM
Looking back at this again, it's like what Matisse were to do if he ever visited the Navajo and did a sweat lodge.ha wow this was done AFTER I watched some YouTube videos about Matisse and all his work that used the room with a view metaphors. And a close friend also commented that this had a very native american feel in the colors and patterns. I have done several sweat lodges. somehow all that Matisse and sweat lodge energy came to focus here. I haven't done anything since even remotely similar...