PDA

View Full Version : One of my paintings

valueforvalue
06-11-2017, 03:17 PM
This was my 5th or 6th painting in ArtRage if you don't count failed attempts. Let me know what y'all think.

eighty+
06-11-2017, 04:45 PM
Well. My eyes are dim I cannot see. But. I think going by the stalk. There a apple hiding from my view But from

The little I can see. It looks good. Congrats JM for making me strain my eyes so early in the morning I'm no wondering

Wether or not should I go back to sleep. (:--)). CIAO. IVAYA. CON DIOS. SLAINTE

DarkOwnt
06-12-2017, 03:56 AM
A dark and realistic partial rendition of a very malformed apple and thus somewhat unclear and malevolent. It is opaque and unsettling. Is that what you were going for?

hannxm
06-12-2017, 05:43 AM
I love this! A unique perspective and the deep red and texture is so good! You've painted this beautifully.

valueforvalue
06-12-2017, 07:45 AM
Well I'm not at a point with ArtRage or painting in general to pick a mark and really accomplish it so yes and no I suppose. I wanted something that was realistic but didn't look exactly like my reference photo. I dabble in a little photography too so I took the photo of an apple I had of the not so round variety sitting on a table next to a window. I stopped down quite a bit to create the dramatic shadows in the reference photo to have something to work from. Overall I was pretty happy with the result it looks dramatic which is what I was going for when I took the original photo.

DarkOwnt
06-12-2017, 10:57 AM
Well I'm not at a point with ArtRage or painting in general to pick a mark and really accomplish it so yes and no I suppose. I wanted something that was realistic but didn't look exactly like my reference photo. I dabble in a little photography too so I took the photo of an apple I had of the not so round variety sitting on a table next to a window. I stopped down quite a bit to create the dramatic shadows in the reference photo to have something to work from. Overall I was pretty happy with the result it looks dramatic which is what I was going for when I took the original photo.

What kind of drama were you going for?

Enug
06-12-2017, 04:01 PM
I like it a lot - looks dramatic - works for me. Nice work.

DarkOwnt
06-13-2017, 12:18 AM
Valueforvalue I think it's very well done esp as a sixth work. Hope you keep em coming.

valueforvalue
06-13-2017, 03:25 AM
What kind of drama were you going for?

Well drama might not have been the best description but I couldn't think of another. I really like a lot of shadows and window lighting in photography. It seems to go nicely in paintings as well. Thanks for the kind words, I'll keep practicing hopefully I'll improve with time.

D Akey
06-13-2017, 01:32 PM
I think it's a spiffy apple in a very dramatic lighting situation that shows a taste of the color and texture (like flavor) rather than the whole apple. Like I just took a bite and it was delicious.

damasocl
06-23-2017, 11:48 AM
Wonderful work...
I like very much...
Colors are amazing!!!

Nacroma
07-01-2017, 01:46 AM
I'm a bit too late to this conversation probably and I can only repeat what everybody else already wrote, I just love how 'dramatic' the picture as a whole is! I know that's what you probably weren't going for but that's what I, personally, see in the picture :)