PDA

View Full Version : Greetings and free custom brushes

valueforvalue
06-10-2017, 03:00 PM
I recently bought a Wacom Intuos and purchased a copy ArtRage 5 I've been having a lot of fun with it. I decided to document my progress so I made a blog while I've been learning the features I started experimenting with the custom brush engine. I made a pack with 18 brushes in it and decided to share it here to get some feedback. Once I've posted enough to get past the spam filter I'll put up the link for everyone in the meantime you can pm me.

HannahRage
06-12-2017, 12:17 PM
You should be able to post links straight away, are you having problems with that?

Is this you? :D https://funwithartrage.com/2017/06/09/experi-mental/

There are some nice ones in there! I would suggest changing the head shape for the smoke brush to a non square shape, as it's currently a bit blocky (a soft edged circle works very nicely), but otherwise there are some very good textures. I really like how you did the hair brush head.

DarkOwnt
06-13-2017, 06:36 AM
hello valueforvalue... I am curious about your name... it is what it is ... itself... but using my means of identification and integration [I hope] perhaps there a double meaning? [pm me if you want]

good premises

valueforvalue
06-14-2017, 02:15 PM
You should be able to post links straight away, are you having problems with that?

Is this you? :D https://funwithartrage.com/2017/06/09/experi-mental/

There are some nice ones in there! I would suggest changing the head shape for the smoke brush to a non square shape, as it's currently a bit blocky (a soft edged circle works very nicely), but otherwise there are some very good textures. I really like how you did the hair brush head.

Yep that's me,
I will edit that brush and re-upload the pack that detail slipped past me thank you for mentioning it. I wasn't able on my first post to post a link or pm I haven't tried lately.

valueforvalue
06-14-2017, 02:23 PM
My name comes from the novel Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand. While I don't subscribe to her philosophy particularly I absolutely loved the dialog where she used the line value for value. So I adopted it several years ago as my screen name, I actually thought when I setup my account on the forums that the screen name might cause people to think of something more to do with art in this context. The original line in the novel is about production.

valueforvalue
06-16-2017, 07:01 PM
I made the changes to the Smoke brush it's now named smoke round. Link is still the same just re-download the pack anyone who is interested.

jmac
06-25-2017, 04:10 PM
Thank you for the brush pack.

valueforvalue
06-26-2017, 03:09 AM
Thank you for the brush pack.

You're welcome I hope you enjoy them.