PDA

View Full Version : Anne Hathaway- first submission

MetalMamma
05-08-2017, 04:05 AM
Hi everyone! I've just joined the forums, and I'm completely new to digital art, having only started this week. I've fiddled about a little, using various tutorials, but this is my first image I consider a whole piece. I've still got A LOT of learning to do, and in particular- how to add shadows to skin, and blend it in without the almost negative looking white areas (as in this image!). Please be kind to a newbie :D

danny72
05-08-2017, 05:23 AM
Welcome to this wonderful forum. It's good that you check out tutorials. I learned a lot from those on YouTube.. It take time to learn.. A good painting takes time.. And i can be very frustrating sometimes..Good luck! :-)

eighty+
05-08-2017, 05:24 AM
Hi Metalamma ok its coming along good congrats ok you'll get lots of help in the forums

CIAO SLAINTE

MetalMamma
05-08-2017, 05:36 AM
Thank you danny72 - yes, this painting frustrated me no end with the shadows not doing what I wanted! I decided it was best to leave well enough alone, before I made things worse haha

Thank you eighty+
I can tell the forums are very helpful, so I will head over shortly to pick everyone's brains