PDA

View Full Version : Wacom can't map buttons

axeslayer
04-12-2017, 01:10 PM
Trying to set up my Intous 3 but nothing happens when I map functions to the tablet keys , is AR5 locked to it's own presets ? Seems like it should be possible to map things like undo to the tablet keys same way I would in any other program , have I missed a setting in AR5 somewhere ?

Pavig Lok
04-13-2017, 03:19 AM
I think the pen button mappings are locked, which drives me nuts. I always want to map the eyedropper onto the pen somewhere - more critical than the eraser in my workflow. As it is I can usually get what I need using expresskeys, but it's annoying to work two handed when one hand would do. (OSX)

markw
04-13-2017, 04:46 AM
Hmm… well I think this reply isn’t going to help either of you much I’m afraid but I’ve had no problems using my Intuos4 settings from the get-go with AR5. I’ve even re-maped things in AR5 to take better advantage of some of AR5’s features without any problems.
I’ve not tried setting the Erase button on the pen for colour picking but will give it a try later tonight and see what happens.
Please forgive this next bit, and I know it's kind of obvious, but are you sure that the key commands you have in AR5 for the actions you want to map are identical to what you have set in the tablet’s preferences?

DarkOwnt
04-13-2017, 05:03 AM
Trying to set up my Intous 3 but nothing happens when I map functions to the tablet keys , is AR5 locked to it's own presets ? Seems like it should be possible to map things like undo to the tablet keys same way I would in any other program , have I missed a setting in AR5 somewhere ?

AR5 cannot map directly to any buttons or switches of a Wacom tablet or Pen.

As you know you can map every button or switch of a Wacom tablet or Pen to various functions, clicks, and keys (the tablet emulates these)

So you can

1. map the Wacom buttons and switches to keys (or some limited combinations)
2. map keyboard short cuts in Ar5 to the same keys you had set for the Wacom tablet

axeslayer
04-13-2017, 12:28 PM
OK found this out .
Adding AR5 to the Wacom app and mapping keys has no effect but if you map the keys to “ all other “ it then works in AR5 . I can work with that .
AR5 is the only program I have seen that has this problem , would be nice to see it fixed .

markw
04-14-2017, 04:53 AM
Sorry for not posting back sooner (too far from civilisation when at home for internet!) but after some poking around in my Wacom’s settings I found why I hadn’t experienced your problems.
Although AR5 is a separate App I have all the physical buttons the same as in AR4. So never noticed what was actually happening. But I have set different on-screen buttons for AR5 successfully. I think these virtual buttons though are not tied directly to specific apps and could be called up by any app if you wanted.

It seem that my AR5 is using AR4.5’s Wacom settings. Set what you want there and it works fine in AR5.
I tried deleting and re-setting AR5 as a separate App but the tablet refuses to recognise it as such. And indeed if I delete the AR4.5 tablet preferences I’m left with no tablet support in AR5.
I’m not sure if this is an AR bug or a Wacom bug?

As for the Pen Eraser I couldn’t assign the Colour Sampler tool to it directly but I could set it to emulate the alt/Option key, which will let you sample colours using whatever settings that the Colour Sample tool is currently using.

eduardobedoya
04-14-2017, 07:45 AM
Today I tried to remap the wacom pen first button to be the middle click but it didn't work, I update the wacom driver, update the windows updates, but I got the same problem, please support.
System: Windows 8.1
Software: ArtRage 5.0.4
Tablet: Wacom Intous 5

Thanks Advanced.

markw
04-14-2017, 08:19 AM
Hello Eduardobedoya,
For now, if you still have AR4’s Wacom Pref in the Wacom settings make any changes you need in them and it should give you what you want in AR5. This works for me. Or try axeslayer’s suggestion above earlier in this thread.

eduardobedoya
04-14-2017, 08:30 AM
yes thanks
the "to all other" wacom configuration worked fine
I don't have AR4 installed anymore, I unistalled AR4 and install AR5 today, so I'm back after so long.
hope you improve it in future updates, thanks again.

PD: could you please see my other thread, I haven't found any workaround for that one, its a very simple glitch I guess, but it really was very important to me.
Thanks advanced.

axeslayer
04-14-2017, 11:28 AM
As an experiment I tried the 32bit version of AR5 and it works perfectly , can map the Wacom too what I want . So it's only the 64bit version that has the problem .

MattRage
04-18-2017, 12:11 PM
I suspect that Wacom base their system on executable name not location/version, so the 32 bit version (which is ArtRage32.exe) has a different name and Wacom thus allow different settings. If they update their driver to identify profiles based on more than executable name it may start to work.

markw
04-19-2017, 04:22 AM
Hello Matt
Just wondering, as I'm "sans tablet" right now, but dose your explanation above also apply to us Mac people to?

DarkOwnt
04-19-2017, 04:43 AM
As an experiment I tried the 32bit version of AR5 and it works perfectly , can map the Wacom too what I want . So it's only the 64bit version that has the problem .

Same result here.

markw
04-19-2017, 09:45 PM
So went to try the 32-bit option last night but it would seem that the current Mac version of AR5 dose not offer an “Open in 32-bit mode” choice.
An oversight perhaps?

axeslayer
04-20-2017, 10:57 AM
I suspect that Wacom base their system on executable name not location/version, so the 32 bit version (which is ArtRage32.exe) has a different name and Wacom thus allow different settings. If they update their driver to identify profiles based on more than executable name it may start to work.

No hope of that happening I think , Wacom no longer support the Intous 3 , Drivers are old now but still work fine in Win 10 .

MattRage
04-20-2017, 11:59 AM
If Wacom are using the app identifier on OS X (exe name isn't relevant there) then it will probably have the same issue, but I don't know how they do it on OS X. The 32 bit option wouldn't help either because on OS X it's the same executable.

Regarding the option to open as 32 bit - The OS doesn't support that any more. We didn't change the code, but apparently you can't optionally launch 64 bit apps in 32 bit mode on OS X since v10.8 (I had no idea...).

markw
08-30-2019, 01:32 AM
Just an update to this thread in case others are still experiencing this.
For me on my Mac, as of Wacom Driver 6.3.36-2, ArtRage6 is now fully recognised as a separate app with it’s own set of preferences and no longer uses AR4’s stored preferences.