PDA

View Full Version : Broken Fragments

gxhpainter
04-04-2017, 06:41 AM
I have also added a musical interpretation of this and added explanation as to the meanings of my symbolism in this piece

Click to see slideshow of this work (http://play.smilebox.com/SpreadMoreHappy/4e4455794d6a4d354d54593d0d0a).

D Akey
04-04-2017, 07:57 AM
So what do you think?
I think it's brilliant. Seems to me like The affect you're seeking is present. I think you could take it farther by not using only stills. But those still shots are wonderful, especially the close-ups. I love the compositions and the boldness of color and the fact they don't feel over salted.
I love the music.
I think it really enhances the experience and brings it closer between your vision and the viewers because it is closer to what you were personally experiencing as you did. I might even consider printing out the details as completed pictures in them selves.
As to the annotations or captions, they're good , But the size of the text on my cell phone is almost unreadable. I was thinking that you might want to superimpose over the audio track your voice as if you were really there and not a third-party as much. I'm trying to remember who the female electronic musician is from the 70s and 80s is it Laurie Anderson? Anyway she created some very intriguing audio scapes. And I think you could explore that direction further .
Also when you do a close-up, captioning it with "detail" is sort of unimaginative and obvious and unnecessary to say it. You could put in something more poignant identifying the experience of the close up as an impression unto itself.
But I'm blown away by how fast you did this. And I think you should be extremely satisfied with the result. Are you? Stupendous job! Very fresh for you, and something I've been anticipating for a while now seeing where you were with your work. BRAVO
(Please forgive any weird typing because I'm dictating this on my phone, and it's prone to inventing words that I didn't say, and filling in typos where ever it wi and filling in typos where ever it will. Considerate some abstraction of technology thrown back at you, as it's only fair.

gxhpainter
04-05-2017, 10:01 AM
So what do you think?
I think it's brilliant. Seems to me like The affect you're seeking is present. I think you could take it farther by not using only stills. But those still shots are wonderful, especially the close-ups. I love the compositions and the boldness of color and the fact they don't feel over salted.
I love the music.
I think it really enhances the experience and brings it closer between your vision and the viewers because it is closer to what you were personally experiencing as you did. I might even consider printing out the details as completed pictures in them selves.
As to the annotations or captions, they're good , But the size of the text on my cell phone is almost unreadable. I was thinking that you might want to superimpose over the audio track your voice as if you were really there and not a third-party as much. I'm trying to remember who the female electronic musician is from the 70s and 80s is it Laurie Anderson? Anyway she created some very intriguing audio scapes. And I think you could explore that direction further .
Also when you do a close-up, captioning it with "detail" is sort of unimaginative and obvious and unnecessary to say it. You could put in something more poignant identifying the experience of the close up as an impression unto itself.
But I'm blown away by how fast you did this. And I think you should be extremely satisfied with the result. Are you? Stupendous job! Very fresh for you, and something I've been anticipating for a while now seeing where you were with your work. BRAVO
(Please forgive any weird typing because I'm dictating this on my phone, and it's prone to inventing words that I didn't say, and filling in typos where ever it wi and filling in typos where ever it will. Considerate some abstraction of technology thrown back at you, as it's only fair. Hi D Akey, thanks for the great feedback, I am ditching smilebox it was just too limiting and caused some of the issues with text size and the inability to control the speed and add my own voice etc. I am checking out a much more sophisticated tool and will allow for a more professional tool ( read with take time to learn and get it going ) but the end results should be much better... next I am going to check our the latest in photo frames... no video just yet... small steps my friend... thanks so much for taking time to share your thoughts on this with me!. :):):):cool::cool:

Caesar
04-05-2017, 08:08 PM
Broken fragments, nonetheless it's a composed (settled) fracture anyway. No dramatic thoughts, rather a wise, curious awareness of reality, of life and a serenely nostalgic attitude towards what's irreversible, gone widely mitigated by appreciation for the moment and for any happy surprise or gifts still to enjoy.
When painting is a delight and a cure ... that's Your gift to all of us.

gxhpainter
04-08-2017, 04:47 AM
Broken fragments, nonetheless it's a composed (settled) fracture anyway. No dramatic thoughts, rather a wise, curious awareness of reality, of life and a serenely nostalgic attitude towards what's irreversible, gone widely mitigated by appreciation for the moment and for any happy surprise or gifts still to enjoy.
When painting is a delight and a cure ... that's Your gift to all of us. dear Caesar, what a wonderful thing to say, I have been so touched by your comment it had taken
me a few days to get back and thank you, that is most what I want is to share with others my vision and work...:):):):):)