PDA

View Full Version : My First Watercolor Painting

Angin3D
03-25-2017, 10:52 PM
Dear All,

This is my first artwork with ArtRange Lite. I have been looking for natural art software, specifically on watercolour effects and brushes. Looks like ArtRange is the best. All comments and feedback are welcome.

Thank you.

Pavig Lok
03-26-2017, 06:05 PM
Very nice flowing style.

Yes, Artrage and Rebelle are probably the most direct and intuitive programs for emulating western watercolour. While Rebelle has unique strengths I always turn to Artrage as I think it is most flexible and optimised for mixed media, and also fits best into a workflow with other applications.

The only other natural media program I can think of that might be worth consideration is Expressii, but only if you have a particular need for an eastern watercolour painting engine (where brushes are far more changeable and pigments flow readily over the paper rather than into the grain).

It is worth trying a few applications to see which particularly suits your workflow and expectations, but having used artrage since it launched in 2004 I am still finding it the best fit for any "non digital" style artwork I do on the computer. Even if it is not your only "natural art" software it is worth having in the centre of your toolkit. I spent many years working in 3D where I was happy to forgo a copy of photoshop to use whatever else was at hand, but I always had an artrage license for when a non-digital look or feel was required.

Angin3D
03-27-2017, 02:03 AM
Thanks Pavig Lok for your nice feedback. I like the software and quickly upgraded from Lite to ArtRange 5. I will need sometimes to learn features related to watercolour techniques. Today, based on reading this forum and watching youtube, I managed to continue the exercise for wet on to wet techniques.

As always, comments and feedback are welcome.

hamer1952
04-03-2018, 05:38 PM
Checkout Expresii watercolor program, it does just as going job as Rebelle and I believe it only does watercolor.

pat1940
07-07-2018, 06:20 AM
What a great beginning, keep it up, love to see more

DaveRage
07-09-2018, 03:56 PM
Welcome to the forums!

I particularly like the watercolour effects in your second painting. Also a nice use of stickers in your first painting! :)

D Akey
07-17-2018, 08:20 PM
It looks great. Very nice watercolor, and like Dave, I think you were warmed up by the second painting. Beautiful blending of the color transitions. The use of line throughout is a nice compliment and describes the bits very freely. Has the feel of a natural watercolor. Good stuff.