PDA

View Full Version : Samsung Chromebook Plus - digitizer problems

jd3936
03-21-2017, 03:46 PM
Hi there. Long time user of Art Rage for OSX so I bought the Android version.:)

I am using it on the Samsung Chromebook plus and have the problem where anything I draw appears approximately 5mm above where the stylus touches the screen.:(

I have no problems with any other drawing apps I use (Abode, Painter, Sketches, Samsung Drawing app):confused:

Can anyone help me? I really want to use Art Rage but it makes it almost impossible to draw with the disconnect between the stylus and the screen.:(

Thank you in advance.:o

jd3936

HannahRage
03-21-2017, 04:51 PM
I don't know if you didn't get my reply about this when you emailed us, but I'll post again here in case it went astray (or someone else is having the same issue).

ArtRage for Android does not yet officially support the Chromebook and there is a known issue with the resizable windows (it shouldn't be allowing ArtRage to resize, but it's doing it anyway, and this is causing stylus offset). There may be other issues, as we haven't finished testing the app for compatibility to see what else might need fixing.

In the meantime, we recommend not resizing the app window if you are using it on the Chromebook.

jd3936
03-21-2017, 05:40 PM
Thank you very much for the reply. Unfortunately I didn't recieve the email you sent. Thank you for explaining here.

Hopefully the app will soon support the Chromebook as I really love your software. For the meantime I will make sure not to maximise the app.

Thank you again and have a gret day.

CrazyM
04-21-2017, 12:27 PM
I just picked up the Samsung Chromebook Plus as well and quickly discovered this stylus offset issue. I found a workaround that is a bit clunky but is also reproducible. If you start drawing and are experiencing the roughly 5mm offset, leave tablet mode by swinging the keyboard to it's active position. Reduce the ArtRage Android window, then maximize again. Swing the keyboard back to tablet mode and now the offset will be corrected. I've done this multiple times from drawing session to drawing session, and it's corrected the offset each time.

Michael

krhen
05-04-2017, 03:02 AM
Hi i also am trying to use on a Samsung Chromebook Plus and have tried the tips here but they haven't helped me. CrazyM curious what resolution do you have yours set to? I've also tried without luck with the stable channel and the developer channel.

Boomrbill
05-23-2017, 11:56 AM
So happy to find your response. So far I haven't been able to reproduce your solution. Hope you don't mind a few simple questions.

Tablet mode? When the kybd is folded behind the screen?

Keyboard active position? when keyboard is unfolded below screen?

Reduce the Artrage window? (not the drawing window?) Top right minimize _ button?

Maximize? by relaunching Artrage window from task shelf?

Thanks for your help.

Bill