PDA

View Full Version : Auto painting option

Claudine
03-14-2017, 10:30 AM
Hi,

Is ArtRage 5 using a new auto painting option?

Thank you.

Claudine
03-22-2017, 09:49 AM
Thank you HannahRage, I am really happy!

Thanks to your post (https://forums.artrage.com/showthread.php?52542-2-questions&highlight=brushes+presets) I found what I was looking for. It's magic:

"1. Tracing image: if you have an active tracing image, then you can set the colour to automatically pick from the tracing image. The colour will be chosen at the start of the stroke. So import your picture and then add it again as a tracing image (if it's a composite image, you might want to arrange it and then export a version to use for tracing).

ArtRage 5's custom brushes have an option to sample the tracing image as you draw, letting you get a much closer match; this is a bit more advanced, but if you choose the Custom Brush, open Presets, and browse the Fun category for 'Trace With Dots', it will give you an idea (and you can then tweak other brushes in the Brush Designer).

2. If you just want to add texture, you can paint on the layer below an imported picture, and the paint texture will show through.

3. If you just want to be sure you're picking the same colours before you make a stroke, hold ALT and click on the picture (or use the color sampler tool - the thin pointy one on the inside ring of the tool picker) and it will pick the colour."

HannahRage
03-22-2017, 11:13 AM
Wonderful! I'm sorry I missed your post before, but I'm glad you found the answer.