PDA

View Full Version : Color Quadrants updated 3-11-2017

gxhpainter
03-10-2017, 08:31 AM
This is the first of a series of works where the general composition is made of rectangular forms arranged in a simple quadrant formation then
detail and and layers added to the visual conversation.. in a vertical format.

Caesar
03-11-2017, 01:16 AM
Sharp shapes on Your quadrants, all shining of vibrant colours and energy. Personalities, moods, a quartet of instrument for your music maybe.
Back to fundamentals, to style where force and measure are masterfully intertwined.

gxhpainter
03-11-2017, 08:16 AM
Sharp shapes on Your quadrants, all shining of vibrant colours and energy. Personalities, moods, a quartet of instrument for your music maybe.
Back to fundamentals, to style where force and measure are masterfully intertwined. Caesar I am finding more and more affinity for larger simple shapes with
more minimal decorative detail lends to a stronger image.. just where the river of creative inquiry is taking me just now. So glad you are joining along with me on this
discovery...:cool::cool::):)

gxhpainter
03-12-2017, 01:55 PM
Number two in this series.

D Akey
03-13-2017, 12:17 AM
Go man go! Could prove most surprising around the bend a bit. I like the second one better by a lot. The heraldic one is sort of like you planted your petard and claimed this land in the name of the King. Heraldic motifs? Why not.

:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::):):):):):cool::coo l::cool::cool::cool:

gxhpainter
03-13-2017, 06:02 AM
Go man go! Could prove most surprising around the bend a bit. I like the second one better by a lot. The heraldic one is sort of like you planted your petard and claimed this land in the name of the King. Heraldic motifs? Why not.

:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::):):):):):cool::coo l::cool::cool::cool: Glad you like the second one, that is my second work of the day, the first one was just a struggle to get somewhere and I did not like it in the end... when out for a walk and had a cuppa coffee and sat down and this just flowed out with excitement and I was a little stunned by the result.. The first one I guess just let a little of my Scottish ancestry peek out :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:... but seriously it was based on an idea of opening up my pictorial space with larger shapes, not sure why but I wanted more breathing room for the shapes to define and establish themselves and less of an overall energy field effect... anyway enough babbling need more coffee :cool::cool::cool::):):)

AndreaMG
03-13-2017, 06:24 AM
Love all this quadrants, edges always draw more attention :o