PDA

View Full Version : the Flying Carpet

Henry Stahle
03-09-2017, 09:08 AM
I just started my new WIP called "the Flying Carpet"... The initial sketch is made with a 2B graphite pencil on paper, that I scanned and opened in Affinity Photo (https://affinity.serif.com/en-gb/) for some corrections. I made the scan sketch blue in order to separate it from the clean up penciling that I am doing in ArtRage. I am using my own Custom Brush pencil...

Henry Stahle
03-10-2017, 09:40 AM
I used the Custom Brush Pencil for the lines and the Airbrush for the shading. Size of the sketch is A3 ( 300 x 420 mm ) at 300 dpi for good printout. Next step is adding a flat colour for each separate part of the picture.

Henry Stahle
03-11-2017, 09:36 AM
Background with some clouds. He is flying high... To add more depth / height I will later add some small houses and trees below the clouds.

Henry Stahle
03-14-2017, 11:01 AM
I did not add more details below the characters. I think it works OK without it. The carpet was done by using an image I searched and found on the Internet. I used the a transform tool in Affinity Photo to make it fit the shape of the wavy carpet on my sketch. The filter effect I used is "Sahara" in Windows Photo. I liked it for the soft, warm and sunny feeling.

kaiko
03-16-2017, 03:06 PM
... The carpet was done by using an image I searched and found on the Internet. I used the a transform tool in Affinity Photo to make it fit the shape of the wavy carpet on my sketch.
The Carpet looks phenomenal, but there is one thing I do not understand: is it the original carpet just resized to the shape of your first carpet-draw?...

I like the end result. I can feel him flying

Henry Stahle
03-17-2017, 10:40 AM
The picture of the carpet was downsized, rotated and warp distorted to fit inside the sketch. Affinity has some advanced distortion tools for this. :)

kaiko
03-17-2017, 02:13 PM
The picture of the carpet was downsized, rotated and warp distorted to fit inside the sketch. Affinity has some advanced distortion tools for this. :)
Oh, I can see now. Nevertheless, it was done wonderfully!