PDA

View Full Version : Docking setup gone

javafuel
02-24-2017, 05:51 AM
Windows 7 Pro patched an update last night went I shutdown the computer. This morning all setup in the docking mode are gone. I don't know if they are related, but it would be good if we can save dock layout that can be loaded.

HannahRage
02-24-2017, 10:51 AM
If your previous set up wasn't remembered, that probably means the preferences were either deleted or not saved properly.

Can you check if your interface changes are saved if you open and close ArtRage now?

javafuel
02-24-2017, 03:04 PM
The interface is working properly now. I've been drawing in Docking mode ever since the upgrade a week ago, it has been working fine. Maybe it's just a one time fluke.

javafuel
03-14-2017, 07:50 AM
This has happened two more times since my last reply of this thread. One time on Surface Pro 4 and once on Hexcore workstation. One time was prompted a recovering file option, but there was no crashes in the previous. The other time AR just launched normally without any docks. It might has something to do with closing AR without saving by click on "don't save" confirmation. Sometimes I don't need to save the files that I was messing around.

javafuel
08-11-2018, 09:10 AM
I'm still experiencing this issue every now and then. Is there a way to backup the Docking Mode setup? so it can be restored quickly by loading the backup setup. I'm using the latest version of AR. Thanks.

DaveRage
08-13-2018, 10:26 AM
It sounds like something is deleting the artrage prs file or preventing it from being saved properly, as this stores these settings.

Here's how to locate the prs file:

run 'appdata' ( Windows Key + R then enter appdata )
Open the Roaming -> Ambient Design -> ArtRage folders.
The file you're looking for is called ArtRage5.prs if you're using ArtRage 5. You could create a backup of the file so that you can place it here in the event of losing settings. Make sure that ArtRage is closed when copying the backup file to the folder to prevent it from being overwritten.

If you have further problems with losing settings, please feel free to email me at [email protected] and let me know the last thing that happened before this occurred, I'd be happy to see what I can do to help troubleshoot the cause.

Enug
08-30-2018, 08:20 PM
Hi Dave, I have this happen from time to time also. In fact when I opened a painting to work on just now all my pods had disappeared. It's a nuisance to have to set them up again.

I can't find ArtRage5.prs . This is what I have - and the ArtRage folders are empty.

You could create a backup of the file so that you can place it here in the event of losing settings. Make sure that ArtRage is closed when copying the backup file to the folder to prevent it from being overwritten.

How do I create this backup file and where will I save it?

DarkOwnt
08-30-2018, 11:42 PM
Feature Request:

Implement a menu based feature to save and load docking set-ups from inside the program.

DaveRage
09-03-2018, 01:57 PM
@Enug - Open the ArtRage folder you see in your screenshot, the ArtRage5.prs file is in there if you're using ArtRage 5. If you can't see it, email me at [email protected] and I can help, it's possible that the file is being hidden due to Windows settings but I'm sure I can help to locate it.

You can copy it to anywhere, just create a backup folder in a location of your choosing.

@DarkOwnt - Thanks for that! I'll get that added to our list of suggestions now.

Enug
09-03-2018, 04:16 PM
Thanks Dave. The AR5 file I hi-lighted is empty - nothing to copy. I'll email you with more screenshots.

DaveRage
09-04-2018, 02:52 PM
Just to clarify, the file you are looking for is in the folder called 'ArtRage', not 'ArtRage 5.5.0.8'. I've received your message and will help you out directly via email.

DarkOwnt
09-05-2018, 01:06 AM
Related but slightly off topic.

If my "set-up" previously had a tool, say the custom brush, selected, and for that tool a specific set of presets (in the Presets panel) was chosen, say "Fun" or "Hatching" or "PresetsIAlwaysUse" (user created) selected, this disappears each time I start ArtRage.

I.e., when I start ArtRage, the custom brush is selected and open, but the presets always open to the top or default one. Is there a way to change this so that the previously used set of presets is selected on launching ArtRage?

DaveRage
09-05-2018, 01:53 PM
There isn't a way to change that currently. I'll make a note about the preset panel behaviour, including the lack of indication of the currently selected preset in the settings panel after restarting ArtRage.