PDA

View Full Version : Commission work almost done!

danny72
02-23-2017, 10:06 AM
92321 I am almost done. Have no idea what I will do with the background. Or maybe leave it like this.. Black. There is one person to do also. But I still haven't received a OK reference picture.

gxhpainter
02-23-2017, 10:38 AM
Looks fantastic... I think you are right with the black or very dark blue background to setoff your fantastic portraits.. anyway congrats!. :cool::cool::cool:

danny72
02-23-2017, 07:53 PM
Looks fantastic... I think you are right with the black or very dark blue background to setoff your fantastic portraits.. anyway congrats!. :cool::cool::cool:
Thank you! :-)

Caesar
02-23-2017, 09:15 PM
What a gang! Excellent! You passed Yourself!

danny72
02-23-2017, 09:30 PM
What a gang! Excellent! You passed Yourself!
Thank you! :-) There are some fails in this painting yet that I try to fix. Lightning and so forth. And one guy who doesn't fit in,how it looks right now . And still waiting for some better reference pictures. But it's coming together now. It took more time then I expected.But I have a lot of fun doing it :-)

D Akey
02-26-2017, 08:59 AM
What to do with the background? Crop it out. Unless you have some reason for it being staged this way making it some kind of screen for projecting something like the company logo or whatever -- believe me, it is not your friend.

If you're going to put in words, again, like a logo that goes across like a banner and you need all that empty space for a late addition, I would crop the top and extend the bottom like an outside border on a graphics print job. Wide and low is a cool format and quite legitimate. But you could easily kill all your great work with cluttering up the image with senseless afterthoughts.

Feature your picture as a portrait sequence (cropped appropriately) and frame it with any graphic you want to add (like text or merely a frame). Keep the focus on the people. That's the delightful part of this.

Good to see you're getting more interest in your caricature work. You deserve it!

:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::):):):):):cool::coo l::cool::cool::cool:

danny72
02-26-2017, 09:24 AM
What to do with the background? Crop it out. Unless you have some reason for it being staged this way making it some kind of screen for projecting something like the company logo or whatever -- believe me, it is not your friend.

If you're going to put in words, again, like a logo that goes across like a banner and you need all that empty space for a late addition, I would crop the top and extend the bottom like an outside border on a graphics print job. Wide and low is a cool format and quite legitimate. But you could easily kill all your great work with cluttering up the image with senseless afterthoughts.

Feature your picture as a portrait sequence (cropped appropriately) and frame it with any graphic you want to add (like text or merely a frame). Keep the focus on the people. That's the delightful part of this.

Good to see you're getting more interest in your caricature work. You deserve it!

:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::):):):):):cool::coo l::cool::cool::cool:I didn't make the deadline this time. It should be finished last week. No commission,just a training piece from my side. So they lost there interest .

D Akey
02-26-2017, 08:12 PM
I didn't make the deadline this time. It should be finished last week. No commission,just a training piece from my side. So they lost there interest .

Well if the last head had shown up on time. . . Yeah, deadlines tend to matter. Sorry you learned the hard way.

It still looks great.

danny72
02-26-2017, 08:24 PM
Well if the last head had shown up on time. . . Yeah, deadlines tend to matter. Sorry you learned the hard way.

It still looks great. thanks :-)