PDA

View Full Version : Problem with fill into areas drawn in line

Izzi
02-20-2017, 06:19 AM
Hi, Can anyone suggest settings to solve the following problem? When I draw a closed shape with any of the line tools and then use the fill tool, I always get a fine white line between the fill and the originally drawn line . I have tried setting paper texture to 0 % depth on fine paper, but makes no difference . I want to be able to draw shapes with the coloured line and fill with the same colour. I've played a bit with settings on the various tools, pencil , marker fine , pen and so on but I can't come up with a solution that works . I am using a 9.5 inch iPad Pro and Apple Pencil . But it makes no difference if I use an ordinary stylus or my fingers .
Be grateful if anyone has a suggestion. Many thanks. Izzi

HannahRage
02-20-2017, 01:41 PM
This is exactly the problem we updated the Fill tool in ArtRage 5 to solve, unfortunately (which means it's not in the iPad app). It's a common issue with digital art - there's a nearly invisible border around the edge of your paint smoothing out the edges (anti-aliasing). Without it, everything looks block and pixelated.

So steps to fix it are:

- go to the Fill tool settings and turn of anti-alias edge and see what that looks like
- increase Spread (so it ignores the subtle color change)
- toggle 'current layer only' so you can fill on the layer below and tidy up manually with the ink pen

How well Spread & Anti-alias work depends on your image. Spread 10% will tell it to ignore color changes up to 10%, for example, so if you're working with very similar colors, it won't work well. If you have very different colors, it will work very well.

Izzi
02-23-2017, 12:28 PM
This is exactly the problem we updated the Fill tool in ArtRage 5 to solve, unfortunately (which means it's not in the iPad app). It's a common issue with digital art - there's a nearly invisible border around the edge of your paint smoothing out the edges (anti-aliasing). Without it, everything looks block and pixelated.

So steps to fix it are:

- go to the Fill tool settings and turn of anti-alias edge and see what that looks like
- increase Spread (so it ignores the subtle color change)
- toggle 'current layer only' so you can fill on the layer below and tidy up manually with the ink pen

How well Spread & Anti-alias work depends on your image. Spread 10% will tell it to ignore color changes up to 10%, for example, so if you're working with very similar colors, it won't work well. If you have very different colors, it will work very well.

Thanks Hannah, I will try all of that.