PDA

View Full Version : Stroke Discontinuity - Custom Brush loading

DarkOwnt
02-18-2017, 07:32 AM
AR5.0.2

I note that when custom brush loading is set to < 100% and > 90%, strokes will often be randomly disconnected. I have tried this with multiple styluses on my WACOM tablet.

The following illustrates this: there are a total of five strokes, each from from left to right, one above each other. Custom Brush: Round Bristle was used at 97% loading.

Stimpy
02-18-2017, 12:03 PM
Dear DarkOwnt and Artrage Team,

The brushstrokes looks indeed weired if the Loading setting is below 100% in the Custom Brush tool.
But if the option "Pickup Color" in the Custom Brush designer is set to off, the brush stroke behaves
and looks as expected...
Hope i could help.

Stimpy

DarkOwnt
02-18-2017, 01:22 PM
Dear DarkOwnt and Artrage Team,

The brushstrokes looks indeed weired if the Loading setting is below 100% in the Custom Brush tool.
But if the option "Pickup Color" in the Custom Brush designer is set to off, the brush stroke behaves
and looks as expected...
Hope i could help.

Stimpy

Does not work for me.

HannahRage
02-19-2017, 03:09 AM
Okay, I can't get that to happen at all. It looks sort of like it's either mixing with some other paint, or your stylus pressure is kinda weird. If two of you are seeing it, that's ... extra interesting.

If it's happening consistently, save the brush as a new preset (as it sounds like the default doesn't do this) and send it to us at [email protected] along with an example PTG file, so we can check your settings and figure out if it's a device issue or an ArtRage issue.

(Also include all your device details as well, obviously)

edit: also when you say you have multiple styluses... can you check the Stylus Control Center (Custom brush > Settings > menu button) to see if there's a custom profile set up for the custom brush that might be glitching or just giving you unexpected results somehow?

markw
02-19-2017, 05:14 AM
Actually, I’m getting this too to some extent.
Any loading other than 100% seems likely to sometimes give unpredictable results. Even at 0% I can still make a dab.

Videl
02-19-2017, 08:37 AM
Same issue here.

Bristle 6 Blend with anything lower than 100% loading just shows a single stamp.

DarkOwnt
02-21-2017, 06:29 AM
This kind of stroke discontinuity has been verified with three different styluses, on two different WACOM tablets (intuos 4), all 6 combinations show this behavior.

Intuos 4 is set to recognition data full 2048 levels, Artrage is set to the following input device settings:

MattRage
02-21-2017, 09:54 AM
We've been making some changes to the Custom Brush to address other issues and it looks like this one may have been solved as part of that overall problem. We have been able to replicate the issue in 5.0.2 but the 5.0.3 build we will be releasing appears to have sorted it out.

DarkOwnt
02-23-2017, 01:56 AM
We've been making some changes to the Custom Brush to address other issues and it looks like this one may have been solved as part of that overall problem. We have been able to replicate the issue in 5.0.2 but the 5.0.3 build we will be releasing appears to have sorted it out.

Matt:

Yes, I have 5.0.3 and on my system it's fixed!!

Thank you!

DO