PDA

View Full Version : Latest release of AR5 fails to open for me

Someonesane
02-16-2017, 03:31 PM
Hi AR team,

This is my second attempt at trying to install and use the newest release of AR5 (downloaded from the members areas). It was late at night when I first tried to install it, so after it had failed to open I chalked it up to a bad download. After removing it, I reinstalled the previous version of AR5 and decided to wait for another day to try it again. After I ran into a bug with the selection tool, I decided I'd give the newer release another shot to see if it may have been fixed already. However, after downloading and installing the newer release for a second time, I'm still unable to open the program. It seems to stall at the "Installing Default Content" stage of the program opening. After leaving it run for about 4 minutes I decided it wasn't going to do anything and had to Ctrl Alt Delete out of it.

HannahRage
02-16-2017, 05:46 PM
Try letting it run a bit longer - the 'Default Content' stage seems to be taking a long time for some people (8-10min), especially if they have a lot of custom content (basically, it's copying and deleting everything).

Someonesane
02-17-2017, 04:00 PM
Try letting it run a bit longer - the 'Default Content' stage seems to be taking a long time for some people (8-10min), especially if they have a lot of custom content (basically, it's copying and deleting everything).

Thanks Hannah, that worked. I supposed I just made a lot more custom items than I thought.

And of course... As only my luck would have it, I've managed to get it installed only minutes after the newer new update (5.0.2) has been released, so now I have to go and uninstall it again, lol.

HannahRage
02-17-2017, 04:05 PM
Haha! Well, technically you don't need to uninstall it now it's out of beta ;) And this version isn't updating the default content, so it should install much more quickly!

Someonesane
02-18-2017, 12:11 PM
Haha! Well, technically you don't need to uninstall it now it's out of beta ;) And this version isn't updating the default content, so it should install much more quickly!

So I can install the newer releases directly over the older ones now? That's helpful :D

HannahRage
02-19-2017, 03:11 AM
Yup. It's officially Real Software now!