PDA

View Full Version : water dreams in flight

gxhpainter
02-15-2017, 12:47 PM
well this work and title were part of a dream last night, cryptic and mysterious in nature but felt like
fun. I don't expect anyone to "see" anything here but just enjoy the play of color, shapes and brushwork
for what it is. :):)

sabena
02-15-2017, 01:03 PM
Electrical painting i like this:rolleyes:

gxhpainter
02-15-2017, 01:29 PM
Electrical painting i like this:rolleyes: Ana so glad you got a charge out of this!..:rolleyes::cool::cool:

marcialsj
02-15-2017, 09:34 PM
Wow, must have been some dream!! And in technicolor, too!

Caesar
02-15-2017, 11:08 PM
I confess that me too, sometimes, dream of some lush landscape with somehow shining and almost supernaturally vivid colors within marvellous compositions when I'm about to wake up and then, for a a short time, once I'm awake.
Here I can appreciate the outcome of those magic moments when You just have to try to keep that vision in mind and transpose it, as close as possible to what You see in Your mind, on a canvas ...
I dare to say also that this seem to possibly be Your most natural and inner palette, maybe, so there's a sort of psychological insight on You and what we see here is certainly a "beautiful mind" and a very nice person indeed!

gxhpainter
02-16-2017, 07:26 AM
Wow, must have been some dream!! And in technicolor, too! Oh yes it was! thanks!

I confess that me too, sometimes, dream of some lush landscape with somehow shining and almost supernaturally vivid colors within marvellous compositions when I'm about to wake up and then, for a a short time, once I'm awake.
Here I can appreciate the outcome of those magic moments when You just have to try to keep that vision in mind and transpose it, as close as possible to what You see in Your mind, on a canvas ...
I dare to say also that this seem to possibly be Your most natural and inner palette, maybe, so there's a sort of psychological insight on You and what we see here is certainly a "beautiful mind" and a very nice person indeed! Wow Caesar you have revealed my secret!:eek::cool:. In that few moments between deep sleep that those few magic moments I frequently see images, paintings, and details flicker by almost like a movie. I used to get frustrated in that I could not seem to capture them later in the studio, but over the years I learned that I could on occasion induce that state while working on a piece. After some 20 years of working digitally I have developed my technical skills to the point I just fly through a variety without thought reacting to what is developing in front of me, which is what happened in this piece. As you say I also realized that these images were deeply personal and revealing to a degree, but I decided that maybe that would strike deeply in our commonality and find acceptance. It took me quite a long time before I felt comfortable in sharing my work and this forum and friends like you have helped me out of my reclusive shell. It is wonderful to know and get confirmation from you that those "magic moments" happen to a lot of us..:cool::cool::cool::):):)

kenmo
02-16-2017, 07:56 AM
Fantastic work....:cool::cool::cool:

Caesar
02-17-2017, 04:39 AM
Oh yes it was! thanks!

Wow Caesar you have revealed my secret!:eek::cool:. In that few moments between deep sleep that those few magic moments I frequently see images, paintings, and details flicker by almost like a movie. I used to get frustrated in that I could not seem to capture them later in the studio, but over the years I learned that I could on occasion induce that state while working on a piece. After some 20 years of working digitally I have developed my technical skills to the point I just fly through a variety without thought reacting to what is developing in front of me, which is what happened in this piece. As you say I also realized that these images were deeply personal and revealing to a degree, but I decided that maybe that would strike deeply in our commonality and find acceptance. It took me quite a long time before I felt comfortable in sharing my work and this forum and friends like you have helped me out of my reclusive shell. It is wonderful to know and get confirmation from you that those "magic moments" happen to a lot of us..:cool::cool::cool::):):)

Yeah, but the main difference between an artist like You and a visual jester like me is that I never found a way to transpose those magic moments in artpieces .... LOL:o;) hope I'll have a better chance when I'll be retired.:rolleyes:

D Akey
02-18-2017, 08:14 PM
Effervescent.

:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::):):):):):cool::coo l::cool::cool::cool:

gxhpainter
02-19-2017, 07:26 AM
Effervescent.

:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::):):):):):cool::coo l::cool::cool::cool: ah and so refreshing!... the perfect word to describe this work...:cool::cool: