PDA

View Full Version : Artrage 5 - does it require an internet connection to install

hypervox
02-15-2017, 12:49 AM
Morning All,

I'm very exited about Artrage 5, but before I get my hopes up, can anyone answer the following questiosn for me?

1. Does AR5 require an internet connection for installation or activation?
2. if so, can it be activated offline, or through a proxy server?

Kind regards

Hypervox

MattRage
02-15-2017, 09:59 AM
We don't require an internet connection to unlock or use the product, it's all handled locally.

Installation is a slightly tricker issue: On Mac OS X no connection is required for installation, but on Windows in some cases if the correct generic security certificates are not already on the device the Windows Installer system will need to go online to get them when it tries to verify that the installer is from a known company. So technically, no, nothing we have put in the installer requires an internet connection, but Windows may want one in order to validate the security certificates that are designed to protect against viruses and other malicious installers.

You may well find that you already have these certificates if you're installing on Windows, but if there are any problems you can contact us via [email protected] and we should be able to help out.

HannahRage
02-15-2017, 02:14 PM
Or read this FAQ, which covers your options for dealing with that particular error: https://www.artrage.com/faqs/windows-installation-error-disk1-cab-invalid-digital-signature/

hypervox
02-15-2017, 11:21 PM
Thank you both - well explained. just got to wait for my birthday now to buy the upgrade... :)

Kind regards

Hypervox