PDA

View Full Version : Mermaid...Portrait

jacktar51
02-13-2017, 03:58 AM
I am trying to express the beauty of the female, rather than showing half woman half fish, .... anyway hope you like the picture....thanks for looking.... Jack.

byroncallas
02-13-2017, 06:08 AM
Well, I sure like it. Terrifically atmospheric.

jacktar51
02-14-2017, 11:37 AM
Well, I sure like it. Terrifically atmospheric.

Hello Byron,
Thanks for looking in, I have tried to get an underwater look, and also the way water moves, the underwater " flow " that you get with the little eddy currents that move the reeds and her hair, a little bit dark because it is lower down than snorkel level, trying to make it a bit more realistic.....Thanks for your reply Byron... Jack.

Caesar
02-14-2017, 09:07 PM
That's possibly the last face we would see ... before drowning and poorly dying.
Disquieting charme.

jacktar51
02-19-2017, 12:01 AM
That's possibly the last face we would see ... before drowning and poorly dying.
Disquieting charme.

Caesar.
Hello my friend, good to see your reply, thank you, you have exactly described the vision I was attempting to put across. I imagined the face looking through reeds, although I think I blurred it too much, .... Thanks for looking Caesar.... Jack.

D Akey
02-19-2017, 06:46 AM
Wanted to remark that this may be the most lifelike face I've seen that you've done. Congratulations. As to the blur you added, it's always a tough call. In this case the blur is pretty effective as an underwater murky look. So I think it's perfect in this context of a mermaid. If she was in a Victorian chocolate shop this level of blur and dim would be too much, even in a gaslighted room that would go amber yellow in temperature. In most normal cases you would want to keep it sharp. But this even has a level of a ghostly paranormal feel and could work in that context as well. So you did it right.

:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::):):):):):cool::coo l::cool::cool::cool:

pat1940
02-19-2017, 10:22 AM
Jack, this is amazing work, you achieved it perfectly, great work