PDA

View Full Version : Crouching Spring

gxhpainter
02-07-2017, 12:11 PM
hopefully it is ready to spring into Spring... working more with larger layered shapes..

Aunt_Betsy
02-07-2017, 02:24 PM
I like the depth you have gotten with this one, it gives more visual interest.

Caesar
02-07-2017, 10:04 PM
I like very much the use of the various earth colors as a background and how they play with blues and greens and more saturated hues in general.
I appreciate there's no kind of simmetry but the frame, so the "speech" rolls out and gives the impression of a narration from a plate to another one where areas, shapes, signs but also textures change.
This adds to the dynamics or to the sense of an incipient move.
BRAVO!

AndreaMG
02-08-2017, 10:06 AM
It's coming Yayyyyy! Beautiful colors and shapes :o:cool:

gxhpainter
02-08-2017, 02:06 PM
I like the depth you have gotten with this one, it gives more visual interest.thank you for your nice comment on this..:cool::cool:

hopefully it is ready to spring into Spring... working more with larger layered shapes..

I like very much the use of the various earth colors as a background and how they play with blues and greens and more saturated hues in general.
I appreciate there's no kind of simmetry but the frame, so the "speech" rolls out and gives the impression of a narration from a plate to another one where areas, shapes, signs but also textures change.
This adds to the dynamics or to the sense of an incipient move.
BRAVO! Caesar always so interested in your analysis of a work, they cause me to see it anew ... as you can see I am moving into larger shapes with some highly textured or saturated areas. I think
it gives the work more room to breathe and has better overall balance... tricky for me because I love to over work a piece... :):)

gxhpainter
02-08-2017, 02:07 PM
It's coming Yayyyyy! Beautiful colors and shapes :o:cool: thanks AndreaMG... I thought it was coming here but we got 3" of heavy wet snow today :eek::eek::cool::cool:

D Akey
02-09-2017, 06:05 PM
Really like this one! It's all cooking with these warm colors.

:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::):):):):):cool::coo l::cool::cool::cool:

gxhpainter
02-10-2017, 07:41 AM
Really like this one! It's all cooking with these warm colors.

:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::):):):):):cool::coo l::cool::cool::cool: OMG! D Akey! wonderful to have to stop back in and so happy you like this effort.
Hope things are going smoothly in your world and hope to hear more from you in the forum!

pat1940
02-10-2017, 01:49 PM
Gary, I really like the depth of this and the colors are great, but sorry my friend you still have a little more time for spring lol

gxhpainter
02-10-2017, 01:51 PM
Gary, I really like the depth of this and the colors are great, but sorry my friend you still have a little more time for spring lol Oh no! don't say that! :rolleyes::rolleyes:... the day after I did this
it snow another 4" of heavy wet snow... but lucky it melted quickly and today it is 50 degrees which after months of temps in the teens and 20's feels like spring... but great to hear from you Pat!