PDA

View Full Version : Missa Papae Marcelli

Caesar
02-04-2017, 02:19 AM
It's Gary's fault if I dared again to set up an abstract painting and thought to refer it to some kind of music, polifonic in this case, since yesterday it was the anniversary of Giovanni Pierluigi da Palestrina's death.
I realize the outcome is somehow fun rather than artistic, but it's somehow ironiclly joyful at least, IMO.
Who on hell was that guy and what was his music like can be easily discovered on the web, but I can anticipate that if popularity and autographs for a music superstar existed in the XVI century, then he would have been submerged continuosly by his fans requests .... LOL:o;)

Obviously any suggestion, especially by Gary, even to give up forever with abstract compositions, is welcome!:D

marcialsj
02-04-2017, 02:22 AM
The pixillation drives me nuts, but I think you certainly could have a future in doing abstracts. Bravo!

Caesar
02-04-2017, 02:24 AM
The pixillation drives me nuts, but I think you certainly could have a future in doing abstracts. Bravo!

I improved resolution and used png. Now it should be better ... THX

marcialsj
02-04-2017, 02:29 AM
Thanks, Caesar, that really helps. Your concept is certainly valid. Love your red music notes. We gotta find out how Gary gets those nice sharp straight lines -- looks like fun!

Caesar
02-04-2017, 04:52 AM
Thanks, Caesar, that really helps. Your concept is certainly valid. Love your red music notes. We gotta find out how Gary gets those nice sharp straight lines -- looks like fun!

You're too kind, dear mate. Hard task. Gary's got so many arrows in his quiver of "art-tricks/tips"!

gxhpainter
02-04-2017, 08:34 AM
Caesar, I like this lively work it does have that polyphonic quality lots of musical signatures to see, depth and complexity abound taking on
an abstract is no easy thing but this is nicely done... as far as marcialsj wants to know to there are many ways to get those crisp lines.
Part of that is to work with very high resolution images under new select the Print tab and I use 240 dpi. Also using the selection tool to
draw your lines and then painting into it, or using the paint roller and turn off global lighting to get flat color use CTRL key for straight
lines, and third way is to use CTRL key with eraser set to hard.. I probably use all these methods during the creation of anyone artpiece.:cool::cool::cool:

Caesar
02-06-2017, 09:33 PM
Thank You, dear Gary!
I'm outside of my comfort zone here and used a computer with a poor graphical resolution/ fidelity, so I could not see color tones correctly enough while painting. Nonetheless it was fun and, with some effort, I was able to "draw" a very vague sound of a polifonic choir and of counterpoints ....
Still to find a real path to abstracts though ...:(

Caesar
02-07-2017, 08:56 PM
NOTE. It's an Artrage5 Beta outcome!