PDA

View Full Version : Any way to lock zoom level during playback?

CMDesign
02-04-2017, 02:06 AM
Just curious if there is a way to lock the zoom at a certain level to where it will only show that during playback. Err, I know that sounds confusing.

Basically, when painting I have a tendency to zoom way in, add some detail, and zoom out to look at the full picture to see how it looks from a proper viewing distance, then zoom way back in and continue for a bit, rinse and repeat. When watching a playback of this sped up.. it is incredibly annoying and almost gives you motion sickness.

So, is there a way to tell it to leave the zoom at a specific level like 100% or maybe 75% during playback? And also is there a way to hide the interface during playback, to where you can only see the canvas?

I'm new to using the script recorder. I usually just use chronolapse.. but thats not a continuous smooth recording(its just screenshots) and its much faster on playback. So the zooming in and out wasnt noticeable.

Someonesane
02-04-2017, 06:14 PM
There is a way, but it requires making changes to the code of the script itself. I've explained how I've done it in the past, here: LINK (https://forums.artrage.com/showthread.php?36445-Lesson-learned-in-recording-script&p=370576#post370576).

RedSaucers
03-30-2017, 08:03 AM
Here is something that might be of interest : https://forums.artrage.com/showthread.php?52651-Keeping-the-canvas-static-on-script-playback-Tutorial-(windows-only)&p=516211#post516211

Enug
03-30-2017, 02:03 PM

Basically, when painting I have a tendency to zoom way in, add some detail, and zoom out to look at the full picture to see how it looks from a proper viewing distance, then zoom way back in and continue for a bit, rinse and repeat.

And also is there a way to hide the interface during playback, to where you can only see the canvas?

My two cents worth!;)

If you use the New View feature would you need to zoom in and out so much?

Also please leave the interface showing if you are sharing how you did your paintings as it's helpful to see the settings and tools used. I don't bother to watch AR videos if I can't see this information. I don't learn anything from just seeing the cursor moving around.

RedSaucers
03-31-2017, 01:04 AM
Hi Enug, my video is just showing the ability to tweak the playback script so it was not meant to show the tool panels :)

Enug
03-31-2017, 01:40 AM
Thanks, James - I wasn't referring to your video - I meant that generally, I'm only interested in watching 'how to paint' AR videos if they show settings and tools used. Otherwise, I don't find them helpful. Just a suggestion to the OP. ;)