PDA

View Full Version : Contraband ( Rework )

jacktar51
02-03-2017, 11:46 AM
Rework of an old painting... Hope you like it.... Jack.

eighty+
02-03-2017, 12:30 PM
Yes Jack I do like and I always like how you do your Sea's if thats Rum I could do

With A tot or maybe more help my Legs ;) :D:D:D :D:D:D :D CIAO IVAYA CON DIOS

when on your next Sea Voyage :eek::cool:

Caesar
02-03-2017, 09:58 PM
You're a marvellous visual storyteller of ancient sea novels!
You should illustrate Emilio Salgari's novels! Pirates from anywhere and other exotic characters as well ....

jacktar51
02-08-2017, 12:05 AM
Yes Jack I do like and I always like how you do your Sea's if thats Rum I could do

With A tot or maybe more help my Legs ;) :D:D:D :D:D:D :D CIAO IVAYA CON DIOS

when on your next Sea Voyage :eek::cool:

Hello Eighty+,
Thanks for your comment, I think the big barrel at the back is rum, but when I asked he said" IVAYA CON DIOS " which in pirate lingo, means " Go Away please ", but in not quite as pleasant wording....you have to be careful what you say to pirates....Thanks for looking Eighty... Jack.

jacktar51
02-08-2017, 12:12 AM
You're a marvellous visual storyteller of ancient sea novels!
You should illustrate Emilio Salgari's novels! Pirates from anywhere and other exotic characters as well ....

Ceasar,
How nice to see you on here, thank you for your comment, must look up Emilio Salgari then, sounds like an Italian writer to me, if I'm not wrong....I love pirate stories, gets my imagination going, I shall go and do it NOW... Thanks for looking friend..... Jack.

Caesar
02-08-2017, 03:38 AM
Ceasar,
How nice to see you on here, thank you for your comment, must look up Emilio Salgari then, sounds like an Italian writer to me, if I'm not wrong....I love pirate stories, gets my imagination going, I shall go and do it NOW... Thanks for looking friend..... Jack.

I hope there are English translation of his books and you may perhaps appreciate them.
His most famous characters were the Black Corsair and a Malaysian pirate, Sandokan (the Malaysia or Mompracem Tiger).
Salgary lived in the second half of XIX century and up to 1911 and could hardly live with the money he got from his books (they didn' pay him enough). Actually he had a very unhappy life, but he was an incredible writer, since he wrote of historical periods, places and cultures he never visited and only his fertile imagination made him describe the worderfully exotic scenarios and character in an enthralling way.

byroncallas
02-13-2017, 06:18 AM
Hi Jack.
This is really quite wonderful; it got a sneaky grin in the whole spirit of the thing.