PDA

View Full Version : Fabric Flowers

marcialsj
02-03-2017, 03:59 AM
I haven't posted here for a long time, so I'm a bit shaky on my painting, but here's a first go at it. With practice, I hope to get better. In quilting, it's the rage right now to use a black-and-white print for the background, like this one has.

eighty+
02-03-2017, 04:46 AM
Looks Great to me good your back in the Fold CIAO IVAYA CON DIOS SLAINTE

gxhpainter
02-03-2017, 06:34 AM
Welcome back, your work is beautiful.. there is some amazingly creative work done now in quilting with all
the technical advances in some of the quilting machines. There is a small town near me ( Sisters , Oregon ) that hosts an annual
summer quilt festival that brings in THOUSANDS of people each year and the work there is stunning. :):):)

marcialsj
02-03-2017, 10:01 AM
Looks Great to me good your back in the Fold CIAO IVAYA CON DIOS SLAINTE

Thanks, eighty+ -- I remember you well. It's good to see that you are still going strong!!

marcialsj
02-03-2017, 10:10 AM
Welcome back, your work is beautiful.. there is some amazingly creative work done now in quilting with all
the technical advances in some of the quilting machines. There is a small town near me ( Sisters , Oregon ) that hosts an annual
summer quilt festival that brings in THOUSANDS of people each year and the work there is stunning. :):):)

Hello, gxhpainter. Thank you. I live in California and have always wanted to get up to the Sisters Quilt Show, but haven't managed to, yet -- it's on my wish list. I started quilting in 1985, and it's been a wonder to ride through the changes and growth that quilting has gone through, from the rotary cutter on up. You're right, I visit the San Jose Pacific International Quilt Show every year and there's amazingly creative work being done out there. I'm trying to master machine quilting myself so I can finish some of my tops. Do you quilt yourself?

gxhpainter
02-03-2017, 11:16 AM
Hello, gxhpainter. Thank you. I live in California and have always wanted to get up to the Sisters Quilt Show, but haven't managed to, yet -- it's on my wish list. I started quilting in 1985, and it's been a wonder to ride through the changes and growth that quilting has gone through, from the rotary cutter on up. You're right, I visit the San Jose Pacific International Quilt Show every year and there's amazingly creative work being done out there. I'm trying to master machine quilting myself so I can finish some of my tops. Do you quilt yourself?marcials no I haven't quilted yet... lack of space, money and I would need some very basic sewing skills etc... I just now trying to set art up in a professional way with a website etc. so that takes most of my free time but I love the fabric arts..

Marilyn Anne
02-05-2017, 04:30 AM
A quilter myself I appreciate what you are doing!