PDA

View Full Version : brush flipping up-down

impasto
01-30-2017, 06:49 PM
let's say I created a double color brush (using 'unlean brush', and loading it with 2nd color by driving it at a border of a blob of second color). Let's say red is at the top of the brush, and green at the bottom. Now I want to paint left to right, lift the brush up, next right to left, lift the brush, left to right , lift the brush, and so on. I expect the red to remain always at the top and green always at the bottom. But sometimes the colors get switched, ie red ends up at the bottom and green at the top. Not a natural behavior I would expect from paiting back and forth with a conventional brush. How can I stop swapping the colors? thanks
p.s. Galaxy Note 10.1 2014, which doesnt support tilt of the stylus

HannahRage
02-08-2017, 05:23 PM
This is probably due to the direction of your stroke - without tilt, ArtRage will assume that you've rotated the brush so that your strokes are consistent.

impasto
02-09-2017, 09:03 AM
thanks. Im wondering if you could discuss it with the programmers? I suspect this was intentional to help painting arcs and circles. Maybe there is a way to disable such behavior?

HannahRage
02-09-2017, 02:22 PM
I'll pass it along, but the brush engine is quite complicated and this is built right into the simulation, so the answer is probably no.