PDA

View Full Version : Changing background color

LittleBird
01-23-2017, 09:33 AM
Hello!

So I drew something in ArtRage LITE 3 and wanted to use the drawing in a word document. Problem is: the background color changes mysteriously:confused:

I've tried EVERYTHING! I've tried the canvas setting "special"->"Cel", usually this makes the background non-existing. So when you export the file and put it in word, the background would just be plain white, like the word-page. did not work (used to always work with other drawings). I've tried cutting the entire drawing (only the drawing, along the lines of it) and pasting it onto another file. did not work. I've tried adding another layer, making the entire background plain white. did not work. I even copied the painting (cut along the lines) to another file I used in word which didn't have the background thing and even this does not work. I'm out of ideas!

When I look close, the background of the file is like layers of white tones. on top it's almost as white as can be. It then fades to a (light) grey-tone to the bottom of the drawing.

Does anyone know what to do? I can't put it in my word file like this because the color difference just looks hideous.

Greetings LittleBird (I have attached the file so you can see)

HannahRage
01-23-2017, 10:20 AM
You need to export as a file type that supports transparency - e.g. PNG is the commonest and most practical for most purposes. Otherwise it just ignores the opacity setting and uses the actual colour.

If you need pure white, edit the canvas colour and set 'Luminance' to 100%.

LittleBird
01-24-2017, 02:12 AM
You need to export as a file type that supports transparency - e.g. PNG is the commonest and most practical for most purposes. Otherwise it just ignores the opacity setting and uses the actual colour.

If you need pure white, edit the canvas colour and set 'Luminance' to 100%.

Thank you so much! I checked, and indeed, the other files were .png files :D problem solved :o :)