PDA

View Full Version : Mirror Mirror

Aunt_Betsy
01-22-2017, 02:04 AM
I'm still playing around with the 3D metallic paint. I made this mirror and I keep expecting to see my reflection in it on my computer :D:D:D

My base is made using the glitter tool set on full metallic paint that I blur with the palette knife. The center part is made with pastels set on full metallic. I use the pastel tool the engrave into the 3D base.

eighty+
01-22-2017, 02:16 AM
Great Auntie Betsy. Very good. Maybe a shadow from the tray ?? just a. Thought OK regards Ploos

Aunt_Betsy
01-22-2017, 02:24 AM
Great Auntie Betsy. Very good. Maybe a shadow from the tray ?? just a. Thought OK regards Ploos

Thanks eighty+! It's an engraving that is all one piece, not a tray sitting on an engraved background, that's why I didn't add a shadow to the mirrored area. I've done some images that have the engraved area elevated above the background by adding a shadow just not this one.

HwyStar
01-22-2017, 02:29 AM
Nice work! Looks very real.

eighty+
01-22-2017, 03:46 AM
Yes Auntie Batsy I understand but I would still like to see a sleight shadow on the bottom and right side
If only to throw my mind into turmoil.or to please an old codger. OK :D:D:D CIAO. SLAINTE

Aunt_Betsy
01-22-2017, 04:14 AM
Nice work! Looks very real.

Thank you so much Robert!

Aunt_Betsy
01-22-2017, 04:20 AM
Yes Auntie Batsy I understand but I would still like to see a sleight shadow on the bottom and right side
If only to throw my mind into turmoil.or to please an old codger. OK :D:D:D CIAO. SLAINTE

Ok here you go eighty. I would hate to miss an opportunity to throw your mind into turmoil.:D:D:D:D

eighty+
01-22-2017, 08:47 AM
Thank you Auntie Betsy Now my mind can relax in turmoil:D:D:D CIAO. IVAYA CON DIOS

Aunt_Betsy
01-22-2017, 09:05 AM
thank you auntie betsy now my mind can relax in turmoil:d:d:d ciao. Ivaya con dios

:):):):):):)

pat1940
01-23-2017, 07:19 AM
Fantastic work, so real looking

Aunt_Betsy
01-23-2017, 09:52 AM
Fantastic work, so real looking

Thank you so much Pat!

symson
01-23-2017, 11:45 AM
This is wonderful.

gxhpainter
01-23-2017, 02:04 PM
An amazing work!

damasocl
01-23-2017, 05:21 PM
Really... a stunning work...
Metal is awesome!
CONGRATULATIONS!

Caesar
01-25-2017, 11:01 PM
What precious silver creations! You should look for a job as jewelry designer! Exceptional!

Aunt_Betsy
01-30-2017, 03:08 AM
This is wonderful.
Thank you Howard!

An amazing work!
Thank you gxhpainter I’m glad you like it.

Really... a stunning work...
Metal is awesome!
CONGRATULATIONS!
Thank you so much damasocl!

What precious silver creations! You should look for a job as jewelry designer! Exceptional!
Thanks you Caesar! I actually did make jewelry in art class in high school. I even make a couple of pieces in silver. It is so much easier to work with ArtRage. No need to use a torch. :D

eighty+
01-30-2017, 05:25 AM
Hi Auntie Betsy Tis I :) The old Codger from over the Sea's I've been Polishing

Your Blinding silver tray for days and as to Yet ! you haven't apeared :confused:

I 'am. I'did think my eye's were on the blink! but on closer inspection of my glasses

I have noticed that the glasses are made from Plastic which is degrading ?? as I

Purchased them from a well known firm I naturaly Thought they were glass?? :( :( ok

back to your silver tray Blimey I've almost forgot what I was thinking of :eek::D:D

AR yes I now that the tray you say is part of the whole picture but I Still think that

the Tray is much better on it own and not part of the background as you know

Thats why I suggested the hint of a shadow on the right and bottom of the tray

And this would hold for the inner lines as well ok please scuse a old blind Bat

Auntie Betsy regards mr Ploos ok CIAO IVAYA CON DIOS and as they say Ireland

SLAINTE

Aunt_Betsy
01-30-2017, 06:25 AM
Hi Auntie Betsy Tis I :) The old Codger from over the Sea's I've been Polishing

Your Blinding silver tray for days and as to Yet ! you haven't apeared :confused:

I 'am. I'did think my eye's were on the blink! but on closer inspection of my glasses

I have noticed that the glasses are made from Plastic which is degrading ?? as I

Purchased them from a well known firm I naturaly Thought they were glass?? :( :( ok

back to your silver tray Blimey I've almost forgot what I was thinking of :eek::D:D

AR yes I now that the tray you say is part of the whole picture but I Still think that

the Tray is much better on it own and not part of the background as you know

Thats why I suggested the hint of a shadow on the right and bottom of the tray

And this would hold for the inner lines as well ok please scuse a old blind Bat

Auntie Betsy regards mr Ploos ok CIAO IVAYA CON DIOS and as they say Ireland

SLAINTE

I've reworked this whole graphic. I copied each inner tray to a new layer and then added a shadow on another layer. Because of how I made the original graphic, it was all on one layer with all the lines engraved into the 3D paint. I've also added a graphic where I eliminated the pattern engraving.

eighty+
01-30-2017, 06:51 AM
Hi Auntie Betsy I do like the background behind the tray ok but think you've been a bit

heavy on the left side of the tray the second one not My cup of Tea ok CIAO SLAINTE