PDA

View Full Version : styles tap doesn't work as click with keyboard commands

tandava
01-20-2017, 04:33 PM
I have a Wacom Intuos tablet and am new to both it and ArtRage. Using Mac OS 10.12.2 and Artrage 4.5.10.

I want to use some of the keyboard commands that involve mouse clicks, specifically "shift + click + drag" to change the tool size and "alt + click" to select a color. Both of these work fine using my mouse, but not using the stylus. It behaves as if I didn't have the modifier key down at all (so it just makes a mark or whatever, depending on the selected tool).

It my tablet control panel, the tip of the stylus is labeled "click," which seems like it should be the right thing. And it otherwise behaves as expected, just not in this situation.

Any ideas?

Thanks!
Tandava

HannahRage
01-20-2017, 04:43 PM
It's probably a drivers issue - the recent Wacom drivers aren't fully compatible with OS 10.12 yet, and the shortcut/sticky keys have been the most problematic part of that.

You could try an older driver and see if it helps, but it may be easier to just wait for an update.

tandava
01-20-2017, 05:57 PM
Bummer, but good to know I don't have to keep hunting for settings to tweak. Will something notify me or auto-update when a new driver is available? Or how do I find out? I may go hunt down and experiment with older drivers, but it's not extremely likely. :-)

Thanks,
Tandava

HannahRage
01-20-2017, 06:48 PM
In theory, depending on your Wacom centre settings, it will either update automatically or prompt you to update.

But you can keep an eye on http://www.wacom.com/en-us/support/product-support/drivers

tandava
01-21-2017, 04:45 PM
Hey, so I went to that page and saw that the driver was just updated yesterday! I updated it and the problem is fixed!