PDA

View Full Version : Artrage 4 how to convert line drawing to pure black and white and lock color in

Riuniti
12-27-2016, 01:00 AM
After I completed a series of drawings, I realized i wasn't always using pure black for my black and white drawings. Sometimes the color would "jump" to another color setting. Is there a way to lock the color in on a layer?

Also, I came across some artrage threads to convert line drawings to black and white but they were for different artrage versions. I would be most grateful if someone could provide me direction on how to do this in ArtRage 4.

Many thanks, Riuniti

HannahRage
12-27-2016, 02:31 AM
Go to Edit > Adjust Layer Color
Slide 'Color' over to -100%
Adjust Brightness/Contrast if needed.

Done! ;)

Riuniti
12-27-2016, 03:09 AM
I am just not getting it to work.

I had made a duplicate of my main layer to experiment with second layer. My canvas settings are no canvas lighting, and exporting to jpeg.

I have slid slider to both -100% and full 100% and keep getting a blank white jpeg. (:

Riuniti
12-27-2016, 03:54 AM
My apologies, it is working now. During my attempts with the layer i was working on, I had applied Blend Mode>Color, which affected Edit>Adjust Layer Colors. I removed the Blend Color, and then proceeded successfully with Edit>Adjust Layer Colors, but choosing -100% on the color slider.

thank you,
Riuniti

HannahRage
12-27-2016, 04:36 PM
Ha, that would cause problems!

Also see this tutorial for an alternative method: https://ambient-design.tumblr.com/post/147939256489/how-to-make-your-art-grayscale-in-artrage