PDA

View Full Version : Color way off

quixotic
12-24-2016, 04:56 PM
Hi All,

I'm using version 4 with Windows 7, and I'm finding that no matter what color I try to use, the result is much lighter on the canvas than it's supposed to be. On the attached image, the red arrow shows the intended brownish-red (down in the lower right corner) and the resulting creamy pink on the canvas.

Any idea as to what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks in advance.

quixotic
12-24-2016, 05:29 PM
Here's a more brazen contrast. That streak of oil paint is supposed to be "black".

HannahRage
12-24-2016, 05:35 PM
Do you have an active tracing image or layer blend mode?

quixotic
12-24-2016, 05:38 PM
I think I found out what was wrong. But I don't know how to fix it. The script mentioned in this thread is causing the problem: https://forums.artrage.com/showthread.php?35943-Grid-script-ArtRage-Studio-and-Studio-Pro

When I open a new file without the script, the colors show up fine. This is unfortunate, since I'd really like to use the grid that the script provides, and I don't have version 4.5 which has a grid that doesn't need a script.

markw
12-24-2016, 11:10 PM
Hello quixotic,
The solution for you is hiding in the Layers panel!
The layer made by the script is set to 50% opacity. Any paint applied to that layer will also only be 50% opaque and so look washed out.

quixotic
12-25-2016, 06:29 AM
Hello quixotic,
The solution for you is hiding in the Layers panel!
The layer made by the script is set to 50% opacity. Any paint applied to that layer will also only be 50% opaque and so look washed out.

Thanks Markw. I also found out that version 4.5 (with a built-in grid function) is a free upgrade from version 4 (which I have). So I think I'll go the latter route.