PDA

View Full Version : Candlelight

jacktar51
12-03-2016, 04:08 AM
I remember in grandma's cottage, when she had gas lighting ( Before electricity got there ) If the gas mantle popped off ( Broke) or the gas meter ran out and there were no more Shillings to put in it, she would light up the old oil lamps or bring out the candles, lovely old memories...... just reminiscing......Jack.

damasocl
12-03-2016, 05:23 AM
BEAUTIFUL!!!
Congratulations!!!

Enug
12-03-2016, 10:01 PM
Lovely reflected light.

D Akey
12-05-2016, 06:32 AM
Lighting works well. Now if you can put that level of concern you have for the candle stick holder, and castles and the sea into the human face, hair and hands, your paintings would look a bit more even.

You're masterful with landscapes and objects and so forth, and that's a fact, Jack. You're also really good with effects.

:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::):):):):):cool::coo l::cool::cool::cool:

jacktar51
12-06-2016, 04:01 AM
BEAUTIFUL!!!
Congratulations!!!

Thank you very much Damasocl, I appreciate your comment... Jack.

jacktar51
12-06-2016, 04:02 AM
Lovely reflected light.

Thanks Enug, that was the main point of this exercise, Thanks for looking.... Jack.

jacktar51
12-06-2016, 04:19 AM
Lighting works well. Now if you can put that level of concern you have for the candle stick holder, and castles and the sea into the human face, hair and hands, your paintings would look a bit more even.

You're masterful with landscapes and objects and so forth, and that's a fact, Jack. You're also really good with effects.

:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::):):):):):cool::coo l::cool::cool::cool:

Mr D Akey,
Hello D, you know I will always take into account your advice, as it is always soundly based on fact, I do recognise my lack of " Finish " in the places you mention, I have been looking a bit more closely into exactly this problem , and will bear in mind your suggestion, and try hard to come up with the solution, ( hopefully without resorting to rendering, which although effective takes away the artists ability to do the actual art itself, and relies solely upon someone else's artistic flare, I would be happier if I was more able to do this myself, and I also think it would be more satisfying if I can manage to do it, thank you for your advice, really do appreciate it D..... Jack.