PDA

View Full Version : Bump Effect Scale

Daniel Aubert
11-30-2016, 01:34 PM
Hello guys!

I recently bought Artrage, and I am very amazed with what it can do. But I wanted to know if I can increse or decrease the bump effect (maybe it's scale) of the strokes. Is it possible? I know I can turn it off with F5, but that is not what I want. The thing is, when I draw with small canvas, I can really see the bump effect. But if I use big canvases, it is harder to see the same effect. Maybe this is related to Artrage engine itself, I don't know. But if there was a way around it, I would be very glad to know.

In the images below, the one with bump effect more visible is 1920x1080 px, and the other is ~7500x8000 px. I know that if I zoom in I can see this bump effect, but I would like to control this. To see the bump in larger canvases too.
Sorry for my english! And thanks a lot in advance!

Menichetti
11-30-2016, 06:54 PM
Hello

For me, the best solution is to set the size of the brush depending of the size of the canvas.
It's good for my paints. Try it if you want.

Fred

Enug
11-30-2016, 07:36 PM
Have you tried the impasto brushes in Juz's Oil Brushes set found here - http://www.silicongraffiti.com/Oil_Brushes.zip - the other resources are worth downloading too.

This is #10 Impasto brush

markw
12-01-2016, 06:38 AM
Hello Daniel,
I notice that in your screenshots you are viewing the two canvases at different zoom levels.
Assuming both paintings are using the same ppi, if you set the zoom level of both to 100% and use the same brush size/settings, then the strokes in both paintings will be the same.

One way around the limit of how thick paint is laid down by the brush is to duplicate the layer and then set the duplicated layer’s Bump Blend Mode to ‘Add”.
You can then merge it down into the original layer if you wish.

Daniel Aubert
12-02-2016, 05:25 AM
Ah, Grand!! Thanks a lot for all the answears guys!! I will try the addons, Enug! And try duplicating the layers too, Mark! Yeah, the zoom levels are different. I actually wanted the thicker paint also when zoomed out, hehe. Maybe I want too much. But these solutions you guys gave seems very good. I will reply when testing them.
Very happy with your replies! Artrage is awsome! :P

CHEERS! :D

Daniel Aubert
12-02-2016, 05:57 AM
Have you tried the impasto brushes in Juz's Oil Brushes set found here - http://www.silicongraffiti.com/Oil_Brushes.zip - the other resources are worth downloading too.

This is #10 Impasto brush

PERFECT! I see now... I was setting the stiffness on 100%. How dumb of me... :p
Great plugins! Thanks a lot!

HannahRage
12-05-2016, 10:39 AM
You might also want to try painting at a smaller size while using the File > Record Script option, then playing it back at a larger size - the brushes will scale up for the playback.

You can also import your own custom canvas textures/grains if the default ones don't scale up enough.