PDA

View Full Version : Problem when using tablet pen

Shiroikaze42
11-15-2016, 12:50 PM
Hello, I was hoping to get help with a minor problem I'm having.

What I'm using:

Art Rage 4 (full version)
Tablet monitor: Yiynova MSP19U

What's happening is, I can draw on the "drawing surface" section of the Art Rage window using my tablet pen just fine. Absolutely no problems with delays or anything. This also extends to the selection of tools and colors in their respective windows. Similarly, I can open up any pop-up windows using their small button displays (the "Layers", "Tracing", "Ref.", etc. buttons.) all using the pen.

However, whenever I try to use my pen to interact with popup windows, such as the layers window, stencils window, tracing window, settings window, etc., it doesn't register the pen click, and puts the cursor in a kind of "don't register any button presses" mode. This continues until I click somewhere other than the pop-up menus, or click using my mouse. It then tries to register all of the previous pen presses at once. It makes it very difficult to try and use the pop-up windows effectively.

Other things related to this issue:

I can use my mouse to interact with the pop-up menus without any issues.

If I enable the "Use Wintab" option in the preferences, I can instead interact with the pop-up menus, but can no longer use the drawing area. It also displaces my pen pointer.

Any help or possible suggestions are appreciated, and let me know if more information is necessary. Thank you in advance!

HannahRage
11-15-2016, 04:03 PM
If I enable the "Use Wintab" option in the preferences, I can instead interact with the pop-up menus, but can no longer use the drawing area. It also displaces my pen pointer.

This is definitely a drivers issue of some kind, so you're looking in the right place. When you enable 'Use Wintab', do you disable RealTime Stylus? Can you check with both on, versus Wintab only?

If you're still having issues, it might be a problem with Press & Hold for Right Click.

Go to your Control Panel > Pen and Touch > Change touch input settings.
Disable or enable ‘press and hold’ (whichever it currently is, change it).

Shiroikaze42
11-16-2016, 07:20 PM
This is definitely a drivers issue of some kind, so you're looking in the right place. When you enable 'Use Wintab', do you disable RealTime Stylus? Can you check with both on, versus Wintab only?

If you're still having issues, it might be a problem with Press & Hold for Right Click.

Go to your Control Panel > Pen and Touch > Change touch input settings.
Disable or enable ‘press and hold’ (whichever it currently is, change it).

Oho~ such a simple and easy fix. It was the second suggestion; I needed to enable the "Press and hold right click". It's now working perfectly.

Thank you very much!

HannahRage
11-17-2016, 02:09 AM
Fantastic!

Yes, that's a very sneaky, easily overlooked setting that shouldn't cause as many problems as it does :D