PDA

View Full Version : Some things I have noticed, would like

Rogue
11-08-2016, 07:55 AM
I am working with a stand alone cintiq touch, and I have noticed a few things that are a bit awkward.

1. In the workbench mode, there are no arrows for the undo/redo function, and to pull up virtual keyboard is cumbersome at best.
2. Tablet has a feature such as detail work pane, which zooms in to do fine work, but when I open artrage, I am unable to get access to it.
3.Tracing, on a large canvas, if i pull in one of my drawings for tracing, it automatically centers, I am unable to put it where i need it. Is there a way to pull it in as a layer and move it around on that layer?
4. Again on a large canvas, the tablet lets me zoom in or out, but if I zoom in, I can't go from side to side, I can only use the rotate function in the program, this leads me to believe that I will not be able to do detail work in the corners or ends of my canvas.
5. the toolbox is not keeping the samples I put in, is there a way to set up certain color samples to complete certain tasks?

I wonder if anyone else notices these things?

HannahRage
11-08-2016, 01:04 PM
I am working with a stand alone cintiq touch, and I have noticed a few things that are a bit awkward.

1. In the workbench mode, there are no arrows for the undo/redo function, and to pull up virtual keyboard is cumbersome at best.
Yup, that's an issue (it assumes you have a keyboard). You can go to the menu > edit > undo, but it's not ideal. You might want to map a button on your device/stylus to ctrl+z.

We're planning to improve the workbench in later editions.

2. Tablet has a feature such as detail work pane, which zooms in to do fine work, but when I open artrage, I am unable to get access to it.

You should be able to zoom in and out as needed, so this feature shouldn't be necessary.

3.Tracing, on a large canvas, if i pull in one of my drawings for tracing, it automatically centers, I am unable to put it where i need it. Is there a way to pull it in as a layer and move it around on that layer?

Yes. Once you add it, go back to the tracing image button/pod/menu, and it will now have additional options to edit the current tracing image. Look for 'Tracing Image Scale' in the menu inside the tracing image pod.

4. Again on a large canvas, the tablet lets me zoom in or out, but if I zoom in, I can't go from side to side, I can only use the rotate function in the program, this leads me to believe that I will not be able to do detail work in the corners or ends of my canvas.

You should be able to use two fingers to move the canvas around and rotate it if you have multitouch enabled. There are keyboard shortcuts which obviously don't help much.

There is also the 'canvas positioner' which lets you zoom/rotate/move the canvas. Open it by looking for the doubleheaded arrow with the fourway arrow inside in the top menu bar in both workbench and normal views.

You can also add a 'view' from the reference menu which lets you see and work on multiple areas/zoom levels of your canvas at once.

[QUOTE=Rogue;512017]
5. the toolbox is not keeping the samples I put in, is there a way to set up certain color samples to complete certain tasks?

Is it not keeping them between paintings? You might just need to save the toolbox contents and load them as needed. I think you have to switch back to the 'normal' view to access the menus for it.q

The color Samples should persist between paintings, and can also be saved.

It's also possible your preferences aren't being remembered - do other tool settings persist?