PDA

View Full Version : The Old Castle

jacktar51
11-05-2016, 06:07 AM
Having another go at an old castle, I found some of my older sticker spray brushes so I thought I would have a go with them.... Hope you like the Picture.... Jack.

D Akey
11-05-2016, 10:16 AM
Good one Jack! So are you meaning to make the knight a second read? Actually it's kind of interesting that way, he being in the shadows. With all that detail and contrast all over the image it makes it as if he's a bit of a specter and intended to be a "What am I seeing there?" kind of spin to the viewing experience. Not so much a "What ho, fellow!" or "I'll have to do battle with that one!"

You still make such interesting and clear cut stories. There's no problem jumping right in to your pictures as they create a whole world.

:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::):):):):):cool::coo l::cool::cool::cool:

Enug
11-05-2016, 07:26 PM
There is so much to like about this painting - the subdued colours of the distant mountain ranges - the detail of the stones on the castle walls and the palette you chose. I enjoy looking at the enlarged view of your paintings to examine the detail.

jacktar51
11-06-2016, 11:15 AM
Good one Jack! So are you meaning to make the knight a second read? Actually it's kind of interesting that way, he being in the shadows. With all that detail and contrast all over the image it makes it as if he's a bit of a specter and intended to be a "What am I seeing there?" kind of spin to the viewing experience. Not so much a "What ho, fellow!" or "I'll have to do battle with that one!"

You still make such interesting and clear cut stories. There's no problem jumping right in to your pictures as they create a whole world.

:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::):):):):):cool::coo l::cool::cool::cool:

Hello D,
I don't really know what I might try next... I would like to try something really different from what I normally do, I already know its very bad to always do the same thing, I get stuck in ancient mariner mode tooo often, and sea scenes, inlets, bays, coves, ships and pirates, always olden days, nothing modern, I don't think I will do anything with that knight... he was told to report at the front door, and look at him, he's round the back...no doors there, and he's looking lost, may be even the wrong castle? who knows?..... Thanks for looking D, always great to hear from you...... Jack.

jacktar51
11-06-2016, 11:21 AM
There is so much to like about this painting - the subdued colours of the distant mountain ranges - the detail of the stones on the castle walls and the palette you chose. I enjoy looking at the enlarged view of your paintings to examine the detail.

Hello Enug,
I always try to make a picture tell a story, or part of one, it comes from looking at tooo many comics as a youngster, I always looked at the pictures rather than looking at the words, and I could visualize what was supposed to be going on, I was a late reader because of it, got told off.......Still like pictures better than reading.... thanks for looking in...... Jack.