PDA

View Full Version : The Inlet

jacktar51
10-25-2016, 06:37 AM
I Like painting sea scenes, you have probably noticed.........Jack.

Bobbi
10-25-2016, 07:44 AM
I have noticed. I have also noticed how well you render water in your paintings. I am envious. :)

jacktar51
10-27-2016, 12:48 AM
I have noticed. I have also noticed how well you render water in your paintings. I am envious. :)

Hello Bobbi,
Thanks for your reply, since posting this, I thought the middle bit looked like it should have something in it, its a bit blank.... so I have added a ship..... Jack.

Bobbi
10-27-2016, 01:28 AM
Both versions are pleasant to the eye. The first one looking out to the distant sea is one where you can imagine yourself simply thinking about what might be over that far horizon.

jacktar51
10-27-2016, 01:35 AM
Both versions are pleasant to the eye. The first one looking out to the distant sea is one where you can imagine yourself simply thinking about what might be over that far horizon.

Hello Bobbi,
Third version, I thought it might look good at night, pirates sneaking out of the inlet by moonlight, my imagination has got the better of me, ... Thanks for looking ...... Jack.

D Akey
10-27-2016, 06:34 AM
Really nice to begin with the first pic, Jack. And the variations are like I'm looking at this scene in the real world and things are naturally changing. Like storyboard panels in a very rendered out state for a sea-fearing animated tale. Such long shots would be great "Establishing Shots", meaning it gives the audience a context of time and place for whatever then would be the following sequences where we zero in on the characters eating fish n' chips as they count up the boodle.

:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::):):):):):cool::coo l::cool::cool::cool:

MickeyMaguire
10-27-2016, 09:39 AM
I love all three versions. I especially love the moon in the night sky.

jacktar51
10-27-2016, 10:09 PM
Really nice to begin with the first pic, Jack. And the variations are like I'm looking at this scene in the real world and things are naturally changing. Like storyboard panels in a very rendered out state for a sea-fearing animated tale. Such long shots would be great "Establishing Shots", meaning it gives the audience a context of time and place for whatever then would be the following sequences where we zero in on the characters eating fish n' chips as they count up the boodle.

:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::):):):):):cool::coo l::cool::cool::cool:

Hello D,
Now you've made me think of doing a picture of the pirates counting out the boodle and eating their fish n' chips, did they have fish and chips in those days though??????? that is the Question?..... Thanks for the reply D, nice to have your " Take " on the scene, makes my imagination stir.......Jack.

jacktar51
10-27-2016, 10:19 PM
I love all three versions. I especially love the moon in the night sky.

MickeyMaguire,
Hello Mickey, thanks for your reply, I have just seen your crashing wave scene and I though I could mention that here, a very difficult thing to paint in watercolor, me and watercolor don't mix, actually I do like using the gloop pen, because it can be almost transparent, and you get two lines instead of one you can sketch over things several times and get a better chance of correcting any errors without erasing and starting over, have a try with it Mickey, I think you will like it.........thanks for looking...... Jack.

damasocl
10-28-2016, 02:27 AM
Really, your artwork is impressive!

MickeyMaguire
10-28-2016, 10:11 AM
MickeyMaguire,
Hello Mickey, thanks for your reply, I have just seen your crashing wave scene and I though I could mention that here, a very difficult thing to paint in watercolor, me and watercolor don't mix, actually I do like using the gloop pen, because it can be almost transparent, and you get two lines instead of one you can sketch over things several times and get a better chance of correcting any errors without erasing and starting over, have a try with it Mickey, I think you will like it.........thanks for looking...... Jack.

Thanks for the tip. I'll have to try it.

Joe the Dragon
10-30-2016, 01:24 PM
All three versions are great! I've tried my hand at a lot of paintings with ships and water, but none of them can hold a candle to this!

jacktar51
10-31-2016, 12:07 AM
All three versions are great! I've tried my hand at a lot of paintings with ships and water, but none of them can hold a candle to this!

Hello Joe,
Thanks for your comment, what a nice thing to say, appreciate that, thanks for looking.... Jack.

jacktar51
11-01-2016, 05:22 AM
Really, your artwork is impressive!

Damasocl,
Thank you very much kind sir, very nice of you to say so..... Jack.