PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion for Artrage/Windows 10 tablet compatible stylus with pressure sensitivity?

krono
10-20-2016, 08:48 PM
I have a cheap Windows 10 tablet and would like to buy a pressure sensitive stylus. Is Artrage compatible with any bluetooth stylus? Most stylus are specifically sold for iPads, Android or Surface tablets, so I don't even know if there's a generic model that works with my cheap tablet?

I've been thinking of the Wacom or Surface ones, but they're quite expensive and if they don't work with my tablet, I'm left with the basic functionality.

HannahRage
10-20-2016, 10:22 PM
I assume you're looking for pressure sensitivity? ArtRage will work with any stylus that works with your tablet... if there are any. Windows styluses use one of two common driver types (at the moment!) and ArtRage should support them both. The Windows drivers ArtRage supports are Wintab, RealTime Stylus and AES, which isn't very common yet, so if you're not sure about a stylus, you can check what it uses. But step one is just to find out if you can use anything with your tablet.

The other type of stylus is capacitive styluses, they're basically 'a stick shaped finger' and will work with any touchscreen, but won't give you pressure sensitivity.

Bluetooth styluses on iOS have to be individually added to the app, as they all use different standards. If it uses Bluetooth, just assume it isn't supported on Windows by ArtRage.

krono
10-23-2016, 06:38 AM
The Windows drivers ArtRage supports are Wintab, RealTime Stylus and AES, which isn't very common yet, so if you're not sure about a stylus, you can check what it uses.
These keywords already help a lot, now I just need to know where I can look up the technical specifications of each stylus, as that information is hard to find on websites.

The other type of stylus is capacitive styluses, they're basically 'a stick shaped finger' and will work with any touchscreen, but won't give you pressure sensitivity.
Yes, that's exactly what I don't want.