PDA

View Full Version : Flamingos are actually demons, apparently. And some fruit.

Ava Jarvis
10-11-2016, 07:00 PM
Two main projects to switch between as I work on detail and color. Right now both are in very rough sketch phases.

First, the fruit.

Just fruit on a somewhat intricately patterned cloth (which sparked this blog entry (http://art-blog.sinopiasaur.com/post/151603008316/so-much-of-art-is-patience-or-1000-drawings)).

Much remains to be done.

Then there was the discovery that flamingos are murder birds if you look at them up close.

Again, much remains to be done. But that eye. THAT EYE.

GOOD NIGHT.

Ava Jarvis
10-14-2016, 05:08 PM
I've been very sick, because chronic illness is terrible and this election is making it worse. I believe this election is having a psychological impact on everybody, and so I have been spending much more time depressed and losing bits of memory to frequent PTSD flashbacks.

Anyways, I did work on the flamingo close-up some more, right now as a pen-and-ink rendering. Right now I'm using scraps to try to figure out how to mottle the flamingo's body feathers—they do that in close-up.

I actually have three more scraps since that screenshot filled with options and have a couple candidates now. ^_^

I also used my finger strengthening exercises too much so today is resting fingers and not drawing much.

RedSaucers
10-16-2016, 02:04 AM
I'm very much looking forward to seeing how this 'evil' flamingo turns out :)