PDA

View Full Version : Is there a tool for drawing dotted/dashed line ?

Vic_OHara
09-18-2016, 09:17 PM
Is there a tool for drawing dotted/dashed line ? or like a preset or something?

Please let me know is there a way to do that. Thanks so much!! ;)

Someonesane
09-19-2016, 01:17 AM
There sure is! It can be done with the Sticker Spray tool and some finessing. It'd be very similar to the Sticker Spray Tools "Chain" preset included with ArtRage. I'll put together a quick example and share it here for you in a little bit.

Someonesane
09-19-2016, 01:40 AM
Okay, so I've set up an .arpack file containing an example sticker sheet and a few presets that make use of it, for drawing dashed lines. Just download the Dash Lines.arpack to your computer and then double click it to initiate the installation of the presets in ArtRage. Once installed, select the Sticker Spray Tool and locate the Dash Lines Group on the preset panel, to use them.

Download the ARpack Here: Dash Line ARpack (https://www.dropbox.com/s/q6gvsdpzztbpdoq/Dash%20Lines.arpack?dl=0)

Vic_OHara
09-19-2016, 01:48 AM
Okay, so I've set up an .arpack file containing an example sticker sheet and a few presets that make use of it, for drawing dashed lines. Just download the Dash Lines.arpack to your computer and then double click it to initiate the installation of the presets in ArtRage. Once installed, select the Sticker Spray Tool and locate the Dash Lines Group on the preset panel, to use them.

Download the ARpack Here: Dash Line ARpack (https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/27387217/Dash%20Lines.arpack)

OMG, thank you so much for this it is very helpful !

you're the best! :o

sueellen
09-19-2016, 12:20 PM
Thank you, SomeoneSane! A lovely gift.

Someonesane
09-19-2016, 03:02 PM
OMG, thank you so much for this it is very helpful !

you're the best! :o

Happy to help :cool: Have fun!

Thank you, SomeoneSane! A lovely gift.

No problem :D

Riuniti
10-01-2016, 11:41 PM
Another excited thank you!

Riuniti
10-14-2016, 01:12 AM
I noticed all of your examples have beautiful curves and flow to them. Mine has a few tiny skewed dashed lines. I was checking in the settings of the line, which I am guessing has something to do with "random" setting of the line. Could you verify what setting makes your dashed lines so linear?

Someonesane
10-14-2016, 03:41 PM
I noticed all of your examples have beautiful curves and flow to them. Mine has a few tiny skewed dashed lines. I was checking in the settings of the line, which I am guessing has something to do with "random" setting of the line. Could you verify what setting makes your dashed lines so linear?

Are you getting the stray skewed lines with the presets I made or is it happening with a preset you're trying to make yourself?

If it's happening with one of my presets, it may just be one the quirks of the Sticker Spray Tool. Because the tool angles the stickers based on the direction the pen is moving (I assume by calculating an angle between the cursors last position against its current position), if the mouse/stylus makes any small movements in it's path, one might get a crooked dash in the mix. If I remember right, the presets are set to leave the "Auto-Flatten" turned off, which means you can straighten those stray dashes independently of the others, by first selecting the Transformation Tool and then clicking on the dash and rotating or moving it so that it falls in line better.

If it's happening with a preset you're trying to make yourself, then yes, it could be because of the random setting on the variations panel, because that setting increased in conjunction with the rotation option would cause odd angles to occur. I'd be happy to look over your variations panel for settings that may cause odd angles. If you could, take a screen shot of your variations and panel and share it here.

Riuniti
10-15-2016, 12:29 AM
I don't know what the heck is going on. I used the dotted line again last night and it worked just beautifully. It could have been me pressing down on the side button of my MS surface pen (although I don't think that should trigger anything) - or maybe I was touching something on my wacom remote. Who knows? Thanks for responding, at least I know where to look if I want to play with the settings.

Brainiac
05-22-2018, 05:45 AM
The link to the dashed ARpack doesn't work. Could you upload it so I can use it? Thanks!

Brainiac
05-22-2018, 06:18 AM
The link to the dashed ARpack doesn't work. Could you upload it so I can use it? Thanks!

Someonesane
06-04-2018, 11:16 AM

Sorry for the late reply. I was away from home for the week. I've updated the link in my original post, but here it is for convenience:

Download the ARpack Here: Dash Line ARpack (https://www.dropbox.com/s/q6gvsdpzztbpdoq/Dash%20Lines.arpack?dl=0)

CoeliacChic
08-07-2023, 03:14 AM
This is exactly what i needed!