PDA

View Full Version : My take on a Vermeer

Paul270984
09-17-2016, 01:20 AM
My take on a classic - I've got a bit more to do but happy with the progress so far

D Akey
09-18-2016, 12:01 AM
Definitely a modern feel. She seems alive and contemporary, like you yourself had her pose.

:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::):):):):):cool::coo l::cool::cool::cool:

Paul270984
09-18-2016, 09:59 AM
Definitely a modern feel. She seems alive and contemporary, like you yourself had her pose.

Thank you - I have pretty much finished this piece now and ended up taking the colour a lot further. Would love to know what you think!

D Akey
09-18-2016, 10:48 AM
I think the palette is what makes it lively and contemporary. They couldn't or didn't back then from what I've seen at least in that part of the world. I have on the other hand seen paintings that were restored from the Wool Workers Guild from Renaissance Florence Italy where the colors were almost vibrant. Makes one wonder as to whether the super bright colors were meant to be seen at one point in the early life of the paintings or whether it was an underpainting intended to be neutralized as a glaze was worked over it for form.

Anyway, wool dyes were probably bright so it may have been intentional for a specific client as they were all about skill in coloring fabric.

So this looks very lively. Nice continuation.

damasocl
09-18-2016, 01:28 PM
I like very much your style...!
Go ahead!

Caesar
09-19-2016, 08:46 PM
Look forward for its completion, but it's already a pretty interesting and updated as interpretation! Congrats.
Welcome!