PDA

View Full Version : Imported trace image is degraded

terrymac
09-03-2016, 12:55 AM
I Imported a hi-res black and white drawing and set it as a paint layer, on my Samsung pad. It appears very low res and pixilated. This does not happen on ArtRage on my pc. Any suggestions??

HannahRage
09-16-2016, 07:26 PM
If the image is actually quite small, because the tracing feature will automatically fill the whole screen with it, even if it isn't technically large enough for that.
(edit: actually, my previous info if you saw it is irrelevant, it's almost definitely because the image is too small and getting stretched).

However, if you import images directly to the layer instead (layer menu > menu > Import Image), it should work much better. Or make sure you're using very big images for tracing!

(If you go to the gallery and press the '+' in the top right you can import a picture to start a new painting entirely).

terrymac
10-05-2016, 03:50 AM
[QUOTE=HannahRage;510678]If the image is actually quite small, because the tracing feature will automatically fill the whole screen with it, even if it isn't technically large enough for that.
(edit: actually, my previous info if you saw it is irrelevant, it's almost definitely because the image is too small and getting stretched).

However, if you import images directly to the layer instead (layer menu > menu > Import Image), it should work much better. Or make sure you're using very big images for tracing!

(If you go to the gallery and press the '+' in the top right you can import a picture to start a new painting entirely).[/

terrymac
10-05-2016, 05:01 AM
Artrage3 on Samsung 10.1 pad
I want to use a large jpeg of a black and white drawing on one layer. If I set it on as a tracing image, then set it to paint, the image is degraded and pixilated. If I import the image it appears very small in the centre, and dragging it to fill the layer causes it to degrade even further.
On the PC version this does not happen-I can either set it as a trace image or import the drawing directly, and quality is fine- however if I try "Import to layer" I only get the middle portion of the drawing and can't scale it down to fit

PS Ive just re read post
(If you go to the gallery and press the '+' in the top right you can import a picture to start a new painting entirely IT WORKS thank you!!

HannahRage
10-05-2016, 09:43 AM
Ahhh, whoops. I just checked with our Android person (rather than just testing myself) and we do actually shrink images imported into existing paintings, to avoid massive memory issues and crashing your painting. The '+' import from the gallery will avoid this.

We're currently testing how much larger we can make imported images without causing horrible crashes.