PDA

View Full Version : Duplicate This if You Can

Bobbi
08-27-2016, 11:08 AM
Here is a challenge. See if you can come close to duplicating this effect.

eighty+
08-28-2016, 01:53 AM
Way out of my Range Bobbi and Tec; Knowledge But Thanks for Showing CIAO

IVAYA CON DIOS SLAINTE

Bobbi
08-29-2016, 04:06 AM
Actually, it is not really out of anyone's range. Just playing around with the gradient tool will surprise you with what comes out of simply experimenting with it. Give it a try. :)

Open the gradient tool, set the blend mode to "different", then just choose one of the gradients and then choose the gradient type. Click on the canvas, move the cursor and click again and again, see what appears.

eighty+
08-29-2016, 05:31 AM
Bobbi Thanks for the info but where am I likely to find the Gradient tool :confused:

Bobbi
08-29-2016, 06:14 AM
Eighty, look at the Art Rage canvas. You should see the tool palette in the lower left hand corner of the screen. There is a "bucket" or you might call it a pail. Click on that. That is the gradient tool. When that opens, (There are three tabs) click on the middle tab. That is the gradient tab. Look at the window just below the Opacity control. To the right of that is a small block with lines. Tap on that and it will open a selection of gradients. Select one.

Next, look at the gradient type. select one. Also, look at the bar just below the gradient tab at the top. It should say "Blend Mode: Click on the arrow and select "Difference".

From there, just click on the canvas with your mouse, if that is what you are using. You should see a gradient pattern. Move the cursor anywhere and click again. Move the cursor again and click again. Should be interesting.

Do not get impatient, simply experiment. You may be pleasantly surprised with what you find.

If you wish, I have a You Tube video that may help further. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ePz6LsGjRHg

eighty+
08-30-2016, 07:25 AM
Hi Bobbi are U on ARTAGE 4.5.10 ? as seems different to mine :confused:

ok I got onto the Gradientl tool ok click to Difference yes picked the type from set of 5 yes

and that was my lot as nothing would move on clicking

ok U can see from Pic; a group of what looks roof tiles they were a red colour but

on posting they've gone white ;):D:D ok if u hear that somebody has jumped

off Beachy head not to worry as it will B I ;);):D:D:D CIAO IVAYA CON DIOS BOBBI

Bobbi
08-30-2016, 10:01 AM
It looks like you chose Stencils instead of the gradients. Now, don't go "jumping" to conclusions. I am going to try to do some screenshots to show you what I am trying to explain about gradients. Hope you will be patient. :)

eighty+
08-30-2016, 11:08 AM
Thanks. Bobbi. At my age you have to be patient. Good luck and thanks will be watching as I would
Like. To do as you have shown Ok. CIAO. IVAYA CON. DIOS. As they say in Ireland SLAINTE

Bobbi
09-01-2016, 04:05 AM
Eighty, this is for you. Hopefully you can get a better sense of what I do with the gradient tool just for fun. Click on this link: https://youtu.be/0R7Q3CUwcAA

If it helps, enjoy experimenting with the gradient tool.

eighty+
09-02-2016, 03:01 AM
Hi Bobbi Thanks but no Joy all that happened after the red face saying Sorry

Then had to go to Google to create account which i think i ...... sorry i fell asleep

today have to say sorry as i thought you were a bloke it was only after hearing your dulcet voice

that I relized you were a Bird sorry please escuse moi :o . OK as you can see i'm slowly getting

the idea ;):D:D but had to get you on the IPad at the same time as on the Wacom that way I could

follow you more closely :D:D your 2nd one came out clearer and louder then the first ok but after

getting the golden face l got lost as the pillow effect came out around the head ok but overall

i'm pleased as you got me looking at tutorieals scuse spelling its my age ;):D:D:D:D:D:D:D

CIAO BOBBIWITH :D IVAYA CON DIOS SLAINTE REGARDS Mr PLOOS

Bobbi
09-02-2016, 04:34 AM
You got it!!!!! Now, have some fun experimenting. By the way, quit using your age as an excuse. You have more capability then you want to admit. I am not too far behind you and I have figured out that learning is not just for the young. Our brains were meant to continue learning.

eighty+
09-02-2016, 06:35 AM
:D:D:D:D:D:D::D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D well Bobbi as you get older I find it helps

to play it up when in the big toown with my silver hair flowing and hobblin with

walking stick it does work sometimes but not allways :( :( :( ok but thanks

again Bobbi for all the trouble ok CIAO IVAYA CON DIOS SLAINTE

George Struijker Boudier
11-07-2016, 12:20 AM
It looks like you chose Stencils instead of the gradients. Now, don't go "jumping" to conclusions. I am going to try to do some screenshots to show you what I am trying to explain about gradients.)

Hi Bobbi, I was playing around with stencils to design a new tattoo for myself. Over the last few years I've used ArtRage mainly for free hand pen drawings and sometimes coloring them with any tool that's appropriate, including gradients. But for this purpose I started to dig a bit deeper into stencils.
Using stencils with tools like paintbrush does exactly what I expect. But the gradient tool doesn't seem to work. As in: the stencil doesn't restrict it to that area. I tried to see if I could use the freehand selection tool to use the stencil. no success

I found a workaround: use stencil, fill it with solid color, use magic want selection tool, then use gradient.
It works nicely. But I tried to search for an easier answer, and stumbled upon your thread (nice use of the gradient btw!)

maybe you have experience with this.

thanks in advance.
George, Amsterdam

damasocl
11-07-2016, 01:56 AM
Bobbi: Admiro tus obras ...
Realmente, te felicito.

Bobbi: I admire your work ...
Really, I congratulate you.

L Skylar Brown
11-07-2016, 04:51 AM
Beautiful Images!

Bobbi
11-07-2016, 11:52 AM
Hi Bobbi, I was playing around with stencils to design a new tattoo for myself. Over the last few years I've used ArtRage mainly for free hand pen drawings and sometimes coloring them with any tool that's appropriate, including gradients. But for this purpose I started to dig a bit deeper into stencils.
Using stencils with tools like paintbrush does exactly what I expect. But the gradient tool doesn't seem to work. As in: the stencil doesn't restrict it to that area. I tried to see if I could use the freehand selection tool to use the stencil. no success

I found a workaround: use stencil, fill it with solid color, use magic want selection tool, then use gradient.
It works nicely. But I tried to search for an easier answer, and stumbled upon your thread (nice use of the gradient btw!)

thanks in advance.
George, Amsterdam

George, I have worked with stencils with what I think you may find useful. With the stencil you want to use, try inverting the stencil, filling it with a solid color. Hide the stencil and go "Edit" tab and find the "select layer contents". That should select the design from the stencil. That should make the design isolated. Go to the gradient tool and choose one and then fill your design. That might be a bit easier then the magic wand. If nothing else, it is another way to do the job.
Bobbi

eighty+
11-07-2016, 03:08 PM
Hello Bobbi as you Can see I've passed Grade 3 C stream will it be ok to go

to Grade 2 C Stream Now PLEASE :confused::confused::confused::(:(:(:(:(:(

Bobbi
11-07-2016, 03:57 PM
By all means dear sir. Go to the head of the class. :)

eighty+
11-07-2016, 06:19 PM
Corr thanks. Bobbi. I've never been head of a class I've. Alway been stood in the corner

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D. CIAO. IVAYA CON. DIOS. SLAINTE

Enug
11-07-2016, 09:19 PM

thanks in advance.
George, Amsterdam

I made a video in an attempt to answer this post - I posted it in Tips and Tricks for future ref. Here is a link to the video - https://youtu.be/CwOC5EqHlCs

Orkhan
11-12-2016, 10:08 PM
Bobby, I think some scarfs with these designs would be terrific!!!