PDA

View Full Version : how do you lock layer alpha?

blurymind
08-24-2016, 09:57 AM
According to your website, you can:
https://www.artrage.com/artrage-android/features/
Independent Layer Locks allow you to lock transparency.

So where is the lock? I dont see it!

Also how do you export png with a transparent bg, how does one set the bg to be transparent?
How do you save the artrage file with the layers and edit it on your desktop?

You havent made it very obvious

Apart of that I have to say that I am quite pleased with my purchase.

PS: Also there is no Sticker tool -
The image that you are using is misleading the artrage studio user to believe that the android version has it too.
why is the android features page promoting non existent features?

MattRage
08-24-2016, 11:26 AM
I've just double checked and apparently the transparency lock feature was not removed from the list during editing, we're going to correct the page. The sticker spray image will also be adjusted so that it matches the text to the right.

When you save a file on Android it is saved in standard PTG format so if you copy it over from the file system on your device (in the AndroidPaintings folder) to a desktop machine you can edit it there with all the layers intact. You can also send PTG via email if you choose the Export option from the menu.

The Android version doesn't support transparent canvases currently so PNG exports of the entire painting won't be transparent.

blurymind
08-24-2016, 08:04 PM
Hi Matt,
I am using it on my Galaxy note 10.1 and it works very nicely!

Thank you for correcting the info at the website. I was hoping that the alpha lock feature is there, but I cant find how to use it. Its very useful in a workflow where you start with blocking out the silhouette!

Are there any plans to get it in the mobile version? I certainly hope so :)

In any case thank you for porting artrage over to android. I have the studio pro license of the desktop version and buying the mobile one was a no brainer for me.
I've been trying to use the mobile version for a freelance job with a tight deadline - for drawing a wolf head.
It's unfortunate that there is no sticker tool, because it would have been very useful for the fur.

Please continue to develop the mobile port, it is wonderful to have it on a tablet with a stylus.
We see more and more mobile drawing tablets become affordable - cheaper than cintiq even!
There are many drawing apps on android, but nothing is quite as nice as artrage.

Your natural media simulation and excellent gui design are unmatched

HannahRage
08-30-2016, 10:52 AM
Are there any plans to get it in the mobile version? I certainly hope so :)

There are generic plans, in a 'this is a feature we should have, once we've fixed the latest round of bugs we should try and see if we can actually make it work' way, but your interest is noted ;)