PDA

View Full Version : Levels of Darkness

Jules
08-24-2016, 03:15 AM
Levels of Darkness - Wingfield Manor Estate, Derbyshire. Yup.. it's 31 degrees outside and I am drawing spooky cold places ;)

98% Sticker spray > Nature stamps > Wheat.
Pencil (only for tiny branches)

eighty+
08-24-2016, 03:20 AM
A right spooky lot up there in Yorhshire Julie. ;). :D:D:D. Ciao. IVAYA. CON DIOS SLAINTE

Jules
08-24-2016, 05:10 AM
A right spooky lot up there in Yorhshire Julie. ;). :D:D:D. Ciao. IVAYA. CON DIOS SLAINTE
Boo haha ;)

hildee
08-24-2016, 01:55 PM
Oooo I like. Very much!

D Akey
08-24-2016, 03:08 PM
Really atmospheric as if glowing from within the earth as opposed to from above. Feels lively. As a visual device it's also a great way to keep the image uncluttered yet interesting for the beauty of the detail. As to the technique, it very much reminds me of the tonal drawings by the pointillist Georges Seurat. I actually like his drawings over his color work though in fairness I have only seen book reproductions. So in person the color stuff may be brilliant to see and not just conceptual.

So if I were cross associating, this feels like an x-ray of the lungs of the English countryside, with cilia and all. Wouldn't it be a trip if doctors didn't look at x-rays like Rorschach ink blot tests and when they give their opinion it's all about what they see -- "Let's take a look at your lungs, shall we? Ah, I see a castle and yes, there's a, hello-- two naked women. . . and seven swans a swimming. . . No, don't reach for your wallet. All covered under public health and the national endowment for the humanities."

All that foolishness aside, I love this one. I think it's a fantastic style. And I dig what you've done with it. Nice image, Jules.

:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::):):):):):cool::coo l::cool::cool::cool:

Jules
08-25-2016, 08:21 PM
Oooo I like. Very much! Thanks hildee

Jules
08-25-2016, 08:22 PM
Really atmospheric as if glowing from within the earth as opposed to from above. Feels lively. As a visual device it's also a great way to keep the image uncluttered yet interesting for the beauty of the detail. As to the technique, it very much reminds me of the tonal drawings by the pointillist Georges Seurat. I actually like his drawings over his color work though in fairness I have only seen book reproductions. So in person the color stuff may be brilliant to see and not just conceptual.

So if I were cross associating, this feels like an x-ray of the lungs of the English countryside, with cilia and all. Wouldn't it be a trip if doctors didn't look at x-rays like Rorschach ink blot tests and when they give their opinion it's all about what they see -- "Let's take a look at your lungs, shall we? Ah, I see a castle and yes, there's a, hello-- two naked women. . . and seven swans a swimming. . . No, don't reach for your wallet. All covered under public health and the national endowment for the humanities."

All that foolishness aside, I love this one. I think it's a fantastic style. And I dig what you've done with it. Nice image, Jules.

:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::):):):):):cool::coo l::cool::cool::cool:

Thank you D Akey as usual your words blow me away into another universe ;)